Xlll. Ikran?

Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Xlll.          Ikran?

CLICKING OF Hooves bounced off the dimensions of the moss-covered rock, the wind blowing in their black hair as the rough exterior of the dire rubbed against their blue legs. Jake's mouth opened wide as his breathing stopped momentarily, the rock slipping from under his companion and falling down to its demise.

He let out a harsh breath, gripping the antenna of the horse a little tighter while they came to a slow. He gazed up at the large floating rocks, root-like robes wrapping around them like small ropes as they floated upwards to a much larger structure in the sky.

Jake's ears twitched at the few, a small smile rising on his face at the variety of the world. Tsu'tey was the first to dismount, rising his bow in the air as he dropped down.  Many of the other younger Na'vi followed, also dismounting their dire while watching Tsu'teys next move.

"Learning to ride and Ikran, we call them banshees."

Jake dropped off his dire, still watching the sky in wonder.

"Is the test every young hunter has to pass."

"Za'u!" Tsu'tey turned to the two young hunters who were staring at the sky in amazement, wide eyes full of wonder. (Come!) The hunters instantly stood in a line in front of him, waiting in anticipation for his next order. Other Na'vi stood off, conversating with each other.

"But to do that, you gotta go where the banshees are."

Jake pressed his lips together, opening the string of his bow enough to where he could fasten it to his back with ease. His ears flinched and his tail swished as he examined the dangerous path ahead.

"Oo-rah."

Jake felt his body ache as he climbed, the smog in his face and his tail flicked at the danger. He allowed his avatar body to think on the Na'vi instincts alone, allowing it to do what is necessary for his survival. He sure was glad about what Ka'yi had taught him, it allowed for safe travel.

They were high up, and he could feel the oxygen, or whatever it was, decrease the farther up. His hands gripped onto the moss and roots, feeling the soft and hard material scraping on his callused-up hands. He jumped from root to root, he could now tell why Max had liked to call them to tree monkeys. Along with Trudy.

He felt his hands leave the root and his body floated for just a moment before he grabbed onto another, feeling the gravity try to pull him down as he continued to follow along the trail Tsu'tey was following. His ears flicked at the sounds of the younger hunter below him grunting as his hands left the root, grabbing onto others with clumsiness.