XXV. The Fall

Chapter Twenty- Five

XXV.     The Fall

      KA'YI WATCHED, EYES ANGRY. Her breath was heavy- delayed as she watched the traitors being bound tightly- pain on their faces as they tried to convince the people to leave, to run away. Ka'yi didn't bother listening, a watery scowl on her face as she tried to calm the ache in the back of her throat, her tail tucked between her legs- and her eyes rapidly blinking.

Eytukan let out a loud war cry, thrusting his hand into the air- and with that the rest followed loudly, eyes glaring at the fake Na'vi who sat defeated on their knees, eyes half-lidded with the defeat. Ka'yi let hers resonate in her throat for a moment when Jake's eyes met hers, but with a harsh glare, she let hers ring out mixing with the Na'vi around her. And Jake's eyes closed in defeat at the sound, ears pointing down.

Ka'yi didn't follow them as they roughly pulled the intruders along, to the clearing outside of the trees where the large ferns rest untouched. Her tail thrashed, hitting her leg as she moved to where her mother sat- watching everything with the glassed-over eyes she always has. Ka'yi knelt down, her yellow eyes focused on the ones of her mothers, a bile rising in the back of her throat- she always felt the need to cry, whether it was because of Jakes's arrival to the clan, or the weight he brought out that had always been in the back of her mind- always there until Jake made her vulnerable enough to break the wall.

That's what he wanted, he wanted to break her walls- to make her vulnerable so he could attack her and her home. That was it, that's what Ka'yi thought as she rubbed the knee of her mother. She traced the white spots on her mother's skin, eyes downcast at the green grass below. "Mother." She whispered, eyes closing as her ears pressed downwards in a sign of sadness.

Her mom didn't acknowledge, just continued to stare at the scene of Jake being tied up alongside Grace- not putting up a fight as defeat was written all over his imposterous blue face. "Please" Ka'yi begged, she didn't know what for, maybe for her mother to acknowledge her, maybe for her mother to give her the motherly love she had longed for Since the accident.

She needed her mother's comfort at this point, all the emotions she felt were trying to spill out to quickly- to fast for her to comprehend.

She bit her lip, the sharpness of her teeth poking a small hole that allowed a tiny ripple of blood to spill into her mouth- creating a metal taste. And she stood, turning her back away from her mother- eyes closed as she tried to collect herself.

And maybe, if she stayed a little longer- she could see the recognition flash in her mother's eyes- and a small tear that dripped down her face.