Xl. Clean Kill

Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Xl.        Clean Kill

       THE BARE HAZEL WOOD stood wide and proud as they swayed in the dry wind. Her eyes studied the blue male in front of her, watching the stance he took as his muscles stretched while he pulled back the bow. Walking close to him she neared her chest near his, brushing against his skin as she stared at the point of the arrow, her hand resting on the brown band on his arm.

She could feel his breath, watching from the peripheral vision as he tensed, his head moving as his eyes studied the side of her face. She could feel his warm breath on the side of her face, an unfamiliar feeling bubbling. She scrunched her nose in distaste, focusing back on what was happening.

She turned her head, her ears going down slightly as her eyes caught his. She let go, backing away as if she was offended by a huff of breath. She turned forward, looking at the makeshift target before clicking her tongue to her front teeth. She could feel the slightly sharp and smaller canines before her tongue moved to the large ones near it, avoiding brushing against her bottom ones.

THE RAINY DAY comes with its heaven-given soundtrack, washing every hue into a strong and soulful vibrancy. Woven water threads seep through the cracks and groves of the wood, the brown enhancing in the hidden lines and squiggles.

The fitful warm rain dropped on the ground beneath, moistening the soil and feeding the eukaryote around. She could feel the droplets on her blue skin, hitting her warm face from all the jumping she was doing. It cooled her down in the once-hot heat that was on them.

Her ears flicked to the pattering sound of the rain as she walked near the bowl-like plant, water flowing over as it collected on the plants down below. A smile rested on her face, her hand grabbing the nearest one. She crouched down, bringing the wet purple leaf down close.

Jake watched her movements, glancing at the other plants beside them.

"I'm trying to understand this deep connection-"

The water flowed from the leaf, she could feel the raindrops hit her head as the added moisture dripped from the side of her mouth. It cooled off her itchy throat, making a small smile appear on her face.

"-the people have to the forest."

Her ears pointed down, as she drank the last bit of water, feeling the flowing slowly down to a stop. She straightened up, feeling the water drip from her mouth. She whipped off the water, feeling it mix with the other water that was dripping from her forehead.

"She talks about a network of energy-"

Jake was crouched beside her, watching her as his tail flicked behind him. Ka'yi smiled at the plant, a thankful look on her face. Her ears twitched from the rain.

"-that flows through all living things."

Ka'yi stood by Neytiri, a woodsprit in her hand. She could feel the soft texture of its skin push against hers. The white and blue colors mixed together as she gazed at the sky. Her eyes glanced around, from the clouds to the tips of trees. The small humming came from Mo'at who held both of her hands out together, cupped.

Many mates stood near each other, their hands gripping each other in comfort. She felt the feathers of her earring rub against her neck from the wind. She watched as li'lo walked away, her tail low and her ears pressed as a frown was on her face. Ka'yi closed her eyes, her head bowing down.

She walked forward a frown on her face as she whispered many things that Jake could not make out. Her eyes were sorrow filled as she looked at the Na'vi. The Na'vi was curled into a fetal position, and yellow and multi-colored flowers lay upon its blue skin along with the ground underneath it.

It layed tucked into the side of a tree, dug down enough to see the alive roots of the tree. She placed the woodspirit down, wishing a goodbye.

"She says all energy is only borrowed-"

It layed tucked into the side of a tree, dug down enough to see the alive roots of the tree. She got down low. Letting the wodspirt flow down. She wished goodbye, a smile on her face.

"-and one day you have to give it back."

Rain pelted the leaves, creating a thumping nose. Jake crouched underneath the leaves, his bow in front of him to allow more movement. His ears flicked at the sound behind him, allowing him to know that Ka'yi was right behind him, her bow also pushed forward.

Ka'yi watched as he slowed, his eyes trained on the animal in front of him. She watched his body language, watching as his muscles constricted from the force of moving the bow. Her ears twitched, listening to the breathing of Jake and the sound of the bow.

The creature looked up. Ka'yi noted to work on his stealth skills. Its frills went up, teeth-baring as it growled. Jake took a deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment before opening them. He let go of the arrow, feeling it swirl through the air and hit the animal.

Ka'yi smiled, her tail wagging behind her as her ears lifted. She let out a breath, letting her hand rest on Jake's back with a small pat. "Good."

Jake smiled, his tail moving slightly faster as he tried not to look back, keeping his eyes focused on the animal. Ka'yi could feel his tail brushing against her side but she decided not to say anything. Though she wouldn't admit it, she enjoyed the close proximity.

She quickly got up, following Jake who jumped over a long, nealing beside the animal. He quickly pulled out a knife, his ears flicking at the cries of pain the animal let out. Ka'yi watched, kneeling beside him and the animal.

Jake placed his hand on the animal's side, his knife pointed at its body. "Oel ngati kameie,ma tsmukan-" He breathed in quickly, allowing his voice to become louder. (I see you brother) Ka'yi got up, circling around Jake and the animal as she watched, making sure he was doing what was needed.

"-Ulte ngaru seiyi irayo." His voice ended loudly as he trusted the knife into the animal, watching as Ka'yi crouched down at its head.(Thank you) He breathed heavily, twisting the knife slightly. "Ngari hu Eywa salew tirea." He closed his eyes, pulling out the knife and watching the blood drip from it. (Your spirit goes with Eywa)

"tokx 'ì'awn slu Na'viyä hapxì." He breathed, pushing the knife back to its place on his chest. Ka'yi watched, a glint of satisfaction in her eyes as she pushed her lips together, raising her head slightly. (your body stays behind to become part of the People.)

Jake pushed his lips together, leaning up on his knees towards the animal while he grabbed onto the arrow. "A clean kill," Ka'yi spoke, watching Jake. Jake pulled out the arrow, his mouth slightly open as she turned to look at Ka'yi.

"You are ready." Her ears twitched, a smile coming on her face as she stared at the glint in his eyes.