XXlll. Whispers

Chapter Twenty- three

XXlll.       Whispers

-

      SLOWLY RISING TO his feet, Tsu'tey wiped the blood from his lip and nose, his tail flicking with irritation behind him. Despite the pain, he locked eyes with Jake, his gaze watchful and intense. With a voice that resonated determination, Jake declared, "I am Omaticaya. I am one of you." His words carried both strength and weariness, keeping a close eye on Tsu'tey

"And I have the right to speak," Jake's voice boomed through the crowd of Na'vi, growing stronger and more confident. His shoulders squared for a moment, displaying a brief surge of determination before relaxing back into a more composed stance, though he remained watchful.

Tsu'tey slowly stood up, tilting his head slightly to prevent the blood from his nose from making an even bigger mess, and he wiped away the blood from his lip with a small scowl, letting out a sigh of frustration.

Jake let his eyes linger on Tsu'tey before they went back to Ka'yi, who stood there with her hand protectively resting on the hilt of her sheathed knife. Her gaze darted back and forth between her mate and Tsu'tey, her face reflecting a whirlwind of emotions. Her ears pulled back slightly.

"Lu aylì'u ngaru." Jake spoke out, his gaze directed to the floor for a split second as his tail swished back and forth behind him, his yellow eyes darting back and forth around him- not frantically, more in a manner of observation. His pupils shrunk and rose with each gaze. (I have something to say)

His voice trailed off, his eyes glancing back and forth- as if he was waiting for something to encourage him to speak more.

Ka'yi watched closely, now in company with her mother, Neytiri, Mo'at, and . Her mother was staring off into space, not at all knowing what was going on as she played with a braid from the hair of her much taller daughter.

Ka'yi didn't notice- or if she did she didn't mind. She stood tall, her eyes focused on Jake as he stood- in the middle of the crowd of Na'vi who were all content with the thought of killing him if he even breathed the thought of betrayal to the clan and their beloved warrior, Ka'yi.

"Ayngaru nìwotx." Jake continued slowly, his voice well-heard over the quiet that had fallen over the clan, all listening closely to the words that spoken by the Avatar. ( To all of you)

Jake breathed out slowly, an almost pained look on his face as he looked into the eyes of his Ka'yi- someone who stared at him with a confused look on her face, her eyes swimming in emotions he could only see- that he could feel with the bond that had made them one together.