XIV. Bob

Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

XIV.            Bob

--

   THE STEADY WATER Flowed down the rock structure, water glistening from the bright sun that shined down. The heat cooled off their blue bodies as they made their way to the opening on the other side. Ka'yi watched Jake's moves intently, her tail flicking to show the slight nerves that buried themselves deep inside her heart.

Jake moved forward, acknowledging the Na'vi who followed him close behind, scrutinizing his every clumsy move. He took out the bundle of a rope-type hyde that Ka'yi had given him the night before to prepare. He undid the small tie and unravel it with a flick of his hand.

Grabbing the other end he advanced into the pit of Ikran, who stared at him with challenging eyes. He stared back, ready for the heart's connection to click with one. They hissed and growled at him every time his eyes laid on them, they didn't welcome the unwanted eye contact with the Avatar.

Ka'yi moved behind him in a crouched position, the other hunters watching in interest as Jake continued forward as the Ikran backed away, some taking off and flying off the large rock. Ka'yi gasped at one that flew off, its wing blowing stinging wid on her face.

Jake hissed at one of the other Ikran, watching as it backed off completely uninterested. He moved down, glancing at two in interest and moving forward. One looked to be picking at himself and the other, noticing Jake, hissed at him. Jake jumped down off the rock, grunting at the Ikran as it screeched and flew off.

The one who had been cleaning itself looked up, hissing as it noticed the Avatar standing slightly away from it. Jake got closer to the Ikran, interest sparking in his heart as he swung the rope slightly. But before he could get a closer look the Ikran took off, large wings flapping over the fussing sounds of the other Ikran. It dove off, flying away to another rock.

"Tsamsiyu." Tsu'teys mocked, watching Jake move closer to another Ikran, his rope swinging. "Txopu rä'ä si, tsamsiyu!" He laughed mockingly, tilting his head at Jake, whose back faced him.(Warrior, don't be scared warrior) Ka'yi hissed at Tsu'tey with a sour face, he was disrupting the focus.

Jake moved forward on another Ikran, who stared at him with the same challenging look, its head facing away but its eyes watching Jake with focus as it hissed. It was a beautiful Ikran, its blue, and greens mixing together easily in an obre type color, its black spots almost brown looking. It was large, though most likely a male seeing as the females are typically larger.