chapter seven ; birthday game

Start from the beginning

The girl in the room next to mine is Thiago's rumored girlfriend.

How am I to deal with this? What if Thiago comes over? What if Thiago has told her about me and she figures out it's me? What if Thiago sees me?

Endless questions and possibilities run through my head.

How could I not see this coming? Of course something like this would happen to me.

Suddenly I hear my next door neighbor has came back, from the sounds of it she isn't with anyone. I release a huge sigh decide it's time to go to bed.

april 29th, 2010

I pace around my room in my shorts and white blouse. Feeling so uneasy about all of this, I contemplate whether I should go or not. What if he somehow sees me.

Finding my sandals in the corner of the room, I pick them up and put them on as quick as I can. Then grabbing my bag, I head out the door before I make any last minute decisions.

As I walk out of my room, I hear the door to my lovely neighbor's room open. Out comes the beautiful blonde that might be dating my bestfriend.

We both make our way towards the elevator, me being slightly behind her and not wanting to talk. I take out my phone so that maybe she won't try to talk to me.

She hits the button for the lobby in the elevator. The doors ding and we both walk out, me ahead. I walk out the front door and wait for a cab, she walks out closely behind me and gets in a black car with tinted windows.

I try to get a good look at the person in the drivers seat through my sunglasses.

"Are you going to get in or what?" the cab driver says and I nod and get in the back.

The ride to Camp Nou is fairly short and I get there before a huge crowd forms. After receiving my ticket, I go to get my seat right above where the tunnel is that the players come out of.

I sit down and adjust my sunglasses, checking the time on my phone to see when the game will start.

More and more people start flowing in to the stadium and suddenly cheers erupt and the players are running out to warm up quickly.

In the middle of it all I see Thiago, he looks somewhat older and maybe taller? Right when I spot him someone sits down next to me.

It's her.

Thiago's girlfriend sits down next to me and smiles at me as I look over at her.

"Hey, you're from my hotel!" she states the obvious.

"Yeah, I'm Rose and you are?" I laugh nervously in the beginning.

"Layna. Layna Perez" she responds with ease.

"So is this your first game?"

Of course I lie because I can't tell her I came her with her boyfriend's mother to support her boyfriend.

"Yes! I'm from England. Uh my mother got me a trip over here and a ticket to the game." I try to make it so that my Spanish accent isn't obvious.

Layna smiles then is about to say something, but is interrupted by the cheers of the crowd as the players run back in.

I see Thiago go below us and he some how spots Layna and waves to her. Not noticing me besides her, but how could he? My hair was tied back and I was wearing a baseball hat and sunglasses.

Layna waves back at him and yells "Good luck!"

"That's Thiago.. He's a good friend of mine." she tells me and I have to remind myself that Layna doesn't know that me and Thiago already know eachother.

The way she says good friend makes me skeptical of what their friendship/relationship really is.

"That's cool! He's an amazing football player." I comment back, it's true. Thiago is very good and has so much potential to keep getting better.

The game is finally starting and Thiago is getting his first start ever on the first team.

* hours later *

The game was over and we had lost 2-1, but Thiago had the one goal.

I had some small talk with Layna at the game and told her I would try to see her before I left back to England.

Everyone in the stands was making their way home now, Layna was out of sight and I was left alone.

When I got to the street outside of Camp Nou, I decided to walk since it would only be a 20 minute walk and I could use some exercise.

I made it back to my hotel with no problems and ended up going straight to bed. The next day went by fast and eventually I was back on the plane to England.

***

A/N

Going to fast forward through another year probably. Sooo yeaaah 🙈

Thanks for the all the votes on the other chapters💗💗💗