D Y S T O P IA
P R E S S      S T A R T

1998
Apollo's POV

I was walking down a very busy plaza, many people knew me but the part of London I lived in was very racist. Usually, a 'pastor' from a church nearby would preach about how any other race is absolutely evil. And me coming from The Netherlands and being Dutch would always make me a target.

And speak of the devil, the pastor stood on the side of a store with a crowd gathered around him, he was giving one of his racist speeches again. I tried to ignore it and pass by but the pastor noticed me.

"You!" The pastor pointed at me and shouted, and everybody else in the crowd turned and looked at me.

"What do you want?" I asked. You could hear the annoyance in my voice as he was once again picking on a goddamn teenager.

"You're that new Dutch kid here, right?" The pastor asked. "Yes, I am. Why?" I sighed. The pastor held his Bible up high, "Don't you think about ruining this fine neighborhood young man with your disgusting race, or you will face the wrath of God!"

I rolled my eyes, "I'll do whatever I want and whenever I want, got it?" I said.

The people in the crowd looked back at the pastor as he closed his eyes and held his Bible high up in the air, he then opened them after a brief moment, "God has sent me a message!" He claims.

"I can see it! You are the evil that will single-handedly destroy humanity!" The pastor snarled at me. The crowd all gasped and got really quiet. Whispering things to each other.

Tom's POV

All suited up for the party. The celebration of the slaughter of 1 billion people.

Kinda fucked up don't you think?

Powerful people were at this party. By powerful, I mean politically powerful. The ballroom was large, with a big and fancy chandelier at the top. The large ballroom was surrounded by balconies on the second floor where more people were. Red Soldiers would occasionally pass by and offer drinks.

The only good thing about this party was that Edd had accepted the invitation. I sent soldiers to go and pick him up, and now he's arrived... I stood at the Red Arch entrance doors and saw the car pull up, I was full of excitement and joy as I saw Edd step out of the car.

He stepped out in the cold night wind and hugged me, I hugged back and smiled. "Edd! You really came!" I exclaimed happily. Edd pulled away from the hug and looked at me, "of course I did! Why wouldn't I have?" Edd asked.

"I dunno.." I shrugged, "I just thought maybe you wouldn't want to see me after what I've done..."

Edd looked at me with eyes of sympathy, he hugged me again and whispered something into my ear, "Tord is alive."

I gave him a confused look as he pulled away from the hug. "What do you mean?" I asked nervously. "We should talk about it inside..." He said. I nodded and asked the guards to unlock and open the doors. They did as I said and we both walked into the main plaza.

I looked at the Tord statue slightly before looking away. Opening the door to the ballroom for Edd. He walked in with a stunned facial expression, "well... This is nice!" Edd said.