Dystopia Finale II

3rd Person POV

Pau parked the black SUV alongside the empty backroads of a small town in Florida, USA

His deadpan eyes focused on a single lamppost that stood tall between a fork of two road paths, one to the city, the other to a smaller town.

Pau stepped out of the car into the cold raining weather, thunder striking in the distance.

Heavy raindrops hit the road covered in puddles as Pau stood behind the lamppost, finding a compartment attached to the ground stud of the pole.

He grabbed a keychain from his pocket, he switched to one of the five keys on the ring of keys which were for the other canisters hidden away.

He opened the hatch and watched closely as he was greeted with the same hissing noise and light-blue fog similar to the other ones he had got.

He reached his hand arm into the small compartment made to store the canister he pulled out.

The metal of the canister is softly-cold, yellow, and smooth. A complete opposite of the muddy green, and rainy atmosphere he was already in.

He stands tall in the rain with the canister in his hand, walking back over to the SUV and opening the trunk.

Pau gently laid the canister down in the trunk and closed it up, heading back to the front and driving off into the night.

Tord's POV

Pau has just mysteriously disappeared for three weeks now, he was sent to get rid of Utopia and never came back. Tom has been on the news multiple times since then and it's clear Tom's alright.

Pat has been stressed for the past 3 weeks more than ever without Pau by his side. I can hear him crying sometimes in the middle of the night, we stay just a room apart.

We made a plan.. we went through a lot of planning but the simple version is that I'm going to do what Pau was supposed to do.. You know, the antiutopia stuff.

Except, just in case Tom tries to fight back, I'll have an advantage. I'm going to be using the Utopia serum on myself so that I have equal or more strength than Tom does.

So.. instead of monster Tom it's like.. monster me? Monster Tord. Yea. But that mission isn't anytime soon unless it's urgent. Then it's code red.

I get out of the shower, brush my teeth, and get dressed in my usual T-shirt and shorts. But as I begin to get into bed an odd feeling strikes me.

Pat.

I get up grab my laptop from my desk and quietly exit my room, walking just down the dark and isolated hallway down to Pat's room.

I gently knock on the door and he opens it.

"Oh. Tord," He says simply, taken aback by me being here so late. "Did you need something Tord?"

"Uhhh.. were you trying to sleep? Sorry, I just don't want to check up on you," I say, giving Pat a small smile.

"Oh, yeah I've been trying to sleep for the past hour or so," Pau says almost nervously as he scratched the back of his neck, looking down.

A strong scent comes from Pat and I sniff the air quickly.

"Pat," I say silently, "Have you..?"