028

MELODY JANAE DAVIS

MELODY JANAE DAVIS

"what's wrong love?" i asked mina watching her whine and rub her eyes. "i jus want my dada" she whined again.

"tink we gone see him in a few weeks and you face time him every night" i told her but she just got louder.

this shit so hard. i know she attached to her dad but it's like if she don't see him in an certain amount of time she just gets so emotional.

just like dd!

the only thing i can say she got from me is her personality thank the gods cause that nigga mean.

"but i jus wanna watch tv wif him" she looked up at me with sad eyes. "come here mama" i told her and she put her hands out allowing me to pick her up.

she was just so used to being with me and him this week that once he left, she got all..depressed.

i would just call him but i know he's busy right now cause he made sure to tell me incase he didn't answer his phone which he didn't.

she layed her head on my shoulder sniffling and rubbing her nose. i rubbed her back walking around the house and bouncing her so she could at least fall asleep until he was available to get on the phone.

after a few seconds i felt her breathing get steady and i sighed in relief. i went into my room laying her on my bed and covering her up.

i walked out my room shutting the door seeing solana in the kitchen.

"hey babe" she looked at me. "hi" i let out a breath scratching my hair. "hey when you gone do this" i pointed at my head referring to my hair.

"ion know i kinda like it like that" she pointed. "why does everybody say that" i whined. i just want my damn hair done.

"cause you have a really pretty curl pattern and naturally thick and long hair. all you gotta do is learn to style it and boom" she smiled showing her braces.

"maybe" i side eyed her. i started picking the cups and plates we used to eat tonight and putting them in the dishwasher while lana wiped down the counters.

i grabbed the spray bottle full of bleach, yawning a lil bit.

"i wanna talk to you about something" i said spraying the sink down with the bleach. "yeah what's up?" she questioned.

"well i was talkin ta dd and he suggested that you move with us to new york after we graduate" i looked up her and she paused.

"um..really" she furrowed her eyebrows. "i mean yeah, it would be easier for us to get our own place and you wouldn't have to stay here and look for a new roommate and be miserable without little ole me" i beamed.

"girl i can't stand you" she laughed. "i mean what's holding you back though" i shrugged looking at her. "i guess nothin, i just think are you sure? ion wanna feel like a burden or nothin" she said.