014

DAVID REYES

DAVID REYES

dd pulled out his phone sending a text message to melody telling her he was outside her apartments before he stuffed it back in his pockets. he rubbed his sweaty palms on his jeans watching melmel walk out the building with mina inside of he car seat.

he got out taking the car seat while melmel went around getting in the passenger seat while dd buckled mina in. "too loose?" he asked mina making melmel look back. mina shook her head no.

"too tight?" he asked. "im fine dada" she nodded, and he nodded putting the child lock on closing the door and getting in.

melmel let a smile grace her face seeing how dd handled mina. she was so glad he was able to ease in being a dad and asked for help when he needed it. he was doing better than she thought he would.

least to say she was very proud. "okay we just going to the mall to get mina some more clothes and then you bringing me back, no sneaky shit ight" melmel pointed.

"i promise" he put his hands up in surrender. and melmel nodded approvingly pulling her phone to scroll on instagram. " i been meaning to ask, why you had deactivated your Instagram account?" he asked.

"can you not" she side eyed him putting her phone in her lap and he shrugged starting the car and pulling off. "my fault just wanted to know" he said and she rolled her eyes.

"when you leaving back to go back to atlanta" he nervously sucked in bottom lip inside his mouth he honestly didnt want to hear the answer but he knew he would have to come to reality and he knew she would be leaving again.

"uh in a week" she muttered making a frown slowly form on his face. he sniffed rubbing his hand down his face. "you comin back" he glanced between her and the road.

"of course" she smiled slightly looking back at mina who had fallen asleep. she could hear a faint snore. "that lil girl go to sleep everywhere" she laughed shaking her head.

dd chuckled stopping at a red light. "when yall coming back?" he asked. he didnt know if he could last another two years without melmel and now mina.

"three months then im here for good" she gestured her hands "why? you miss my selfish ass" she threw a slick shot. "mcht melody really" he said going since the light turned green.

"im just saying last time we had this conversation it aint end well you sure you wanna go down this road again" melmel looked at the side of his face. she noticed him rubbing his palms down his pants telling her he was nervous.

"i just wanna say again that im sorry and ian mean it bruh" he said. "how many times i gotta say we good? you moved on and you doin big things bro" melmel said doing a funny act.

"why you always gotta play in serious moments" he laughed tapping his pointer finger on the steering wheel. "cause i feel like you trynna flirt and you have a girlfriend sir" she pointed out.