135

Chaerin's POV

It's been years since I came back here in our apartment. Hyunjin and I bought this when we first went here, and he put it under my name which is also our first fight. I kept telling him to put it under his name because he paid for it but he refused.

I went to work yesterday and they were all shocked with the news about Hyunjin's death. They knew Hyunjin because he would always drive me home and to work even though he is tired.

10 years ago, I met Hyunjin in an unexpected way. I accidentally got all the mud on his shirt which is I thought costs 1,000 won. That first meeting was funny and we always look back on that day. He kept apologizing for his rude manner and he would always say to remake that day and he will make sure to show me the real reaction he would've done.

Our next meeting was when I saw him at his Father's company. He laughed at me when he saw me wearing a makeup and told me that I looked like a panda. I was offended that day but he did something to make it up to me. He bought me some makeup remover and apologized for his behaviour.

Next meeting was when I went with Felix even though I expected that they were in the same class. I admit he was so handsome in his school uniform but that didn't defeat Felix's charm.

After that, we kept seeing each other because of Felix. I never had feelings for him back then and he was one of the friends of Felix that I am grateful for. He would always show his gentleman side to me and made sure I don't feel alone when I was with them.

Most memorable is when he offered to get engaged so Felix won't bother me anymore and he will leave me alone. He really took all the responsibilities after that day. I thought it will only lasts for days but then he really took care of me for five years. I don't know if it was intentional but it was weird that he brought the ring with him.

We got married, but it was a fake one. Yet a fairytale that I have been dreaming about. It was perfect and I admit I suddenly started having feelings with Hyunjin because he showed me only good things and I got to know him in those five years.

We lived with each other for how many years, experienced all the ups and downs of a married couple. Made me experience all the wonders in life and never forgot to make me feel that I am the woman he love.

It's just so fuck up that in those 10 years I was forcing myself to love him even though I can't.

TO be honest, I met him way back then. During my parents' case trial.

_______________
Flashback

"The case is close." the judge announced

The suspect of my parents' death was found not guilty. I froze after hearing that there is no other chance. I was in the verge of crying but then I stopped myself.

Those smile from the suspect made me so mad. I ran to him and slapped his face. Everyone in the room was shock and police officers stopped me.

"How can you smile?!"

"I should be. I am not guilty." he said and smiled at me weirdly

"I will make sure to put you in jail! You will pay for what you did! You will rot in jail forever! I will make sure of that! Mark my word!"

"I'll be honored, my lady." he chuckled as he walked out of the room. Everyone left.

Mr. Hwang went to me and handed me an envelope, "Take this. I know this is not much but let me do this for you, at least. You are in the same age as my kid. I don't want you to have a hard time-"

"Do you know what was the least you can do? Give my parents the justice they deserve." I said and gave back the envelope to him with teary eyes

I ran out of that building and found myself crying in public. Everyone was staring at me like I am crazy.

But then, a guy kneeled in front of me. He looks like he is in the same age as me. He handed me a handkerchief, and left hurriedly.

His name was stitch on it,

Hyunjin

End of flashback
_________________

It's been hours I am done packing all my things. All my furnitures and the things we bought was already in the truck, on its way to my new apartment which I bought myself.

Living something behind wasn't my thing, to be honest. But I was hurting so much and I wanted to be better. I wanted to move on.

I wanted to live my life worrying nothing.

But Hyunjin would always be part of me. He would always be with me, and with my heart. I am getting older.

I am no teenager anymore who is living her life like in those fairytale movies and books. I am no cinderella nor any princesses that were the kids wanted to be when they grow up.

And I realize, this is where everything ends.

"Thank you, Hyunjin."

For making me experience that temporary fairytale love story.