19

Felix's POV

I woke up and went straight to the bathroom. I took a quick bath and did my morning routine. I wore my school uniform and carried my things as I went downstairs. The maids bowed to me like what they are doing before.

"Good morning" I greeted Heiran

She was shocked and quickly bowed to me "Good morning, Prince Felix"

"Where is C-Chaerin?"

"She's in the kitchen along with your Father and his assistant" Heiran answered and was about to go-

"A-About Chaerin"

"What about her, your highness?" Heiran

"Is she mad at me?"

Heiran sighed "I don't know, I didn't talked to her after what happened last night, your highness"

"C-Can you uh... Like ask her? But don't tell her that I asked you"

She nodded "I will, your highness"

"I am also sorry for involving you. I won't let that happen, again. I am seriously sorry for what I did"

"You don't have to be sorry, your highness. We are also responsible for what happened. We didn't tell the King about what you wanted to happen" Heiran smiled

I nodded "Thank you"

She bowed and left.

I entered the kitchen and saw Chaerin eating with Father and his assistant. I sat on my Father's right side and started eating as well. How can this morning be so bitter and disappointing? Or is it just me who is feeling that way?

I looked at Chaerin hoping that she will look at me.

"As what my son and I talked about" Father said and looked at Chaerin "You will be staying here and will continue your work as the Prince's personal assistant"

Chaerin's eyes widened "Do you mean it, your highness?"

Father smiled at her and nodded "I hope you won't disappoint me, again. Besides, you two are in the same age and I think you two will understand each other more"

A smile curved on her lips "Thank you, your highness. I would never disappoint you again"

"You should eat a lot" King said

She nodded and started eating again.

Is she not gonna look at me? I want to see how happy she is. I want her to look at me desperately. I want to see her eyes.

"Thank you, your highness" Chaerin said towards me and bowed "It's all because of you, your highness. Thank you"

Now it feels weird hearing her saying your highness. I never expected to hear those from her. Can't she just thank me without reminding me I am some Prince?

In that way, I will still feel that I am some ordinary teenager like her. Also, in that way I won't think that she is looking at me differently.

I want her to look at me so badly. Is that too much to ask?

"Chaerin"

She looked down "Yes, your highness?"

This is crazy. Why does this have to happen? If I will tell her that I am the Prince is she still going to ignore me? Is she going to act like I am just Felix not a Prince.

"Ahn Chaerin"

"Y-Yes, your highness?" Chaerin answered and still not looking at me

This is crazy.

"Felix, what do you want to say? Can you just say it?" Father

"Nothing. I need to go" I carried my bag as I looked at Chaerin for the last time

Please, look at me.

_________________________

"Class dismissed" teacher said and left the classroom

"Are you going home already?" Seungmin asked

I nodded "I have to"

"Why? We should go and have some fun-" Jeongin

"Let him" Hyunjin

"I'm sorry"

"You don't have to be sorry. If something bad is going on tell us if you want. We will be listening to you" Hyunjin

As expected, Hyunjin will be the first to know that something is wrong with me. How can I tell him? If I will tell him, it's like I'm giving him the permission to court Chaerin and have her. I can't. Not now. I won't give up. I just can't.

I left the University and got in the car. It drove away from the school. How can this be? I am not in my right mind the whole day. It was like I am a different person earlier and I kept finding where should I be.

Felix...

What is happening to you? Let's get this straight to the point. Do you fucking like her?

Damn it.

After a few minutes, the car parked in front of the palace. I got out of the car and entered the palace.

I saw her standing while looking at a paper "Chaerin"

She looked at me but she suddenly looked away. She bowed "I've been waiting for you, your highness"

"Why? Did you finally realize something?"

"I have your schedule, your highness. You will be a special guest for the runway show, you will have a meeting with the Thailand President, you will be a judge for a pageant show and will be having a photoshoot for a known brand of clothes" Chaerin said and handed me the schedule "If there is anything you'd like to ask, you can call me, your highness"

"I want to know..."

She stayed quiet.

"I want to know why are you keeping our distance?"

She bowed to me "I need to rest, your highness. Excuse me-"

I held her wrist and let my tears fall "Ahn C-Chaerin"

"Y-Your highness" Chaerin

"Will you please look at me? I'm begging you"