83

Felix's POV

"Thank you so much for letting us stay here for tonight. I really appreciate the kindness you are showing towards our medical workers."

"You don't have to worry, your highness. It's really a pleasure for you all to help each one of us in this province. We really thank you for that, we will surely remember everything you have done." the owner of the house smiled and bowed to me

"Again, thank you."

He bowed once again and left the place.

He offered his house which is for rent, for us to stay and have a rest for the night. Everything ended so late and they told us to stay and leave tomorrow, since it'll be a long drive and everyone is so tired of what happened today.

There are few rooms, and there are four people in one room, those who doesn't have a room were sleeping in the living room. Seungmin and Minho volunteered to sleep in the living room so others can sleep in the room.

I was about to close the door when I noticed someone sitting on the hammock while looking up to the sky.

Chaerin?

A smile appeared on my face as I realized it was her. I got out of the house and closed the door. I was walking carefully to Chaerin, not making any noise so she will be surprised to see me.

"What are you doing here?"

She flinched as she was shocked of my sudden appearance beside her, "Why would you shock me like that- I mean why are you here, your highness?"

"Enough with the your highness." I smiled and messed up her hair

"How should I address you without disrespecting your position as the King?" she politely asked

"Don't ever address me formally or even mention what my position is. Let's be casual always-"

"Yah! How can I just call you Felix or talk casually to you in front of everyone?!" she annoyingly asked and then her eyes widened as she realized something "Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry, your highness."

"That's it. I want you to talk to me like I am not a King. But since you really can't talk to me casually in front of others, let's do it whenever it's just us. Are you okay with it?"

Her eyebrows raised and smirked, "I was waiting for you to say that. A deal then. We will talk casually when it's just the two of us."

I nodded and smiled.

"But..." she said and looked around trying to find something "Don't you have bodyguards? I mean, they shouldn't leave you alone."

"They are resting. They thought I was already asleep, I was about to but then I saw you here. So, I thought I would join and have a talk."

"You sneaky royalty." she laughed

I love how she easily adjust to what I said about us talking casually, when she looks awkward around me earlier.

"I'm sorry about the other night. I didn't mean to make you and Hyunjin fight over meeting me accidentally. I shouldn't have mentioned that. Besides, I feel like you were a little bit awkward because of that, and you were avoiding me earlier."

"Hyunjin and I talked, he wasn't mad. He trust me so much. There's nothing to worry about since there won't be cheating. We're really good. Earlier, I am not just talking to you because I don't want the other doctors to think that I am close with you, I might get questioned for years." Chaerin chuckled

I sat beside her and nodded, "But we are really close. I don't want this to be dramatic or what. I really wanted to talk to you about few years ago. Let's not be awkward with each other and just be friends like we always used to. I mean, I may be with you and the others for a long time. I am trying to make time and attend some parties with you guys."

"That's good. Okay, then. Let's be friends. No awkwardness anymore." she smiled

Was it okay to tell her and just be friends?

I saw her wrist which has scars on it, "I don't mean to be rude or what. But did you hurt yourself accidentally? Or intentionally did that to yourself? Or some other reason?"

"Even if I have Hyunjin, I still have problems which I can't share with him. That's why I tend to hurt myself so I have a reason to cry even more and focused on the pain of the wound only. Hyunjin talked to me about it and it's okay now." she said

"It's okay now?"

"Yeah. It's healed. Look." Chaerin showed me her wrist with a smile on her face

"Physically it was healed, but was it really healed emotionally?"

She nodded and looked at the sky, "I won't be this version of myself if I am not healed. I think I really am healed."

"Okay. But if you have a problem, don't hesitate to call me or text me. I'll make sure to answer right away." I took out the handkerchief in my pocket.

"Alright. I'll keep that in mind-" Chaerin stopped talking when I held her wrist that shocked her "Why?"

I covered it with my handkerchief and made sure it won't be seen, "So, you won't have to remember the pain that you had before."

"Thanks." she smiled

Is this better? Or do I chase her?