52

Hyunjin's POV

(Night Time)

We spent the whole day, playing billiards, singing at the karaoke area, eating, swimming and everything we can do here. It was so fun and I even can't remember the last time I spent my days like this. I mean like there is nothing to worry about. Before, I am always worrying about my grades and I needed to top my class since I am afraid that my Father will be disappointed of me but it turns out he is not. He just wants me to do my best and he said it's enough already. Now, even though I know he is not expecting much from me, I am still doing my best to make him proud.

But how can it this night be enjoyed by Chaerin if she is thinking of things? I mean about what happened and what is about to happen to the both of them. I hope she is not spacing out or what. I hope there is still a chance for the both of them, I hope she didn't agree with what the King wanted to happen. I like Chaerin but that doesn't gave me the right to ruin them both, I love them both so much and I am hoping for their happiness. They both deserve it.

I am currently walking here at the seaside, just having some random thoughts about random things in my life. Actually, I already have a plan to help Chaerin if ever she accepted what the King wants her to do. I am not doing his for my own happiness, I just want her to know that I got her back even though it will hurt me a lot. She was the first girl I ever like and the first girl who mademe go crazy. I admit it, I flirted with a lot of girls and none of them made my heart beat fast like what Chaerin did to me. That's why she id unique to me. There is something in her that makes me feel like she deserves the universe.

"Hey" Chaerin greeted as she appeared beside me "What are you doing here outside? It's dark and they are currently having fun inside. Aren't you going to drink?"

"I just want to take some walk and breath some fresh air. It's been a long time since I did something like this. I'll go inside later. How about you? Why are you here?"

"I just ordered some street foods and chicken to eat while drinking soju" Chaerin said

She is wearing a sleeveless shirt inside, a ripped short and a thin cardigan to cover her body. Her hair is not tied like what she used to do. It has natural waves and it is colored brown that matched her eyes.

"Hmm. How's the order? Is it not done yet?"

"They are still cooking" Chaerin answered while looking at the sea "How can this night view of the sea looks so beautiful to me?"

"It's because, you admire every scenery even though it's day or night"

She smiled "Do you know that Felix and I talked about out future plans? We want to live near the sea and somewhere in rural area"

"Really? That must be so good"

"Yeah, we also talked about of spending our lives watching our kids grow up and have their own family. We will look back to this year that gave us a lot of obstacles and just admire how we survived everything together" Chaerin said and showed me a smile again but her eyes looks sad "He also said that if our children will find someone they love, we won't go against them. He said they won't experience things like what we experienced. I admire him for saying those. We don't have children yet but I can see how good he will be once he became a Father"

"And you will also be a good Mother"

"Maybe? I think. I don't know. I don't think I am good enough. I am going to leave him soon and things will go complicated as we both say our final goodbyes" Chaerin whispered

"What did you tell the King?"

"I said I will do what he wants me to do and just give me time to slowly let go" she answered

I see. She already said it.

"I-I am not saying this or I never planned this for myself. I think it'll be easier if Felix will have a reason to be hurt so he can't bother you anymore"

She looked at me "What is it?"

"Just tell him that we are engaged. In that way, he will be hurt and will let you go"

"He won't believe me" Chaerin

I took the ring from my pocket and showed it to her "This is my Mom and Dad's engagement ring. My friends knew about our families' traditional ring. He will know once he saw this on your finger"

"Don't you think this is too much? I am thankful that you are helping me, but... You are using yourself. You are going to be hurt. You know I love Felix" Chaerin said and looked at my eyes "There must be another way-"

"This is going to be the best way for him to let you go. I will be fine and I am aware that you love him. It's fine with me"

"Hyunjin-" Chaerin

"I know there's not even a single chance for you to love me back. I'm fine..."