- Very good. - Kawe said taking a few steps and attracting their attention. - But don't rejoice too much, because he's coming. -

- You mean the Totem Pokémon, don't you? - Dawn asked.A few seconds later, heavy footsteps were heard approaching. Ash and Dawn had jumped in alarm, but they knew exactly what to expect. Although Kawe didn't answer, they understood that this was the last phase of the test.

The Dominant Pokémon manifested itself in all its importance. He stopped a few meters from them, uttering his cries, and then looked at them with a sharp, defiant air.

Dawn decided to point her Pokédex at him to hear the description.

– Salazzle, Toxin Lizard Pokémon: It seems that Salazzles are all female. They attract many male Salandit and live in groups. Their poisonous gas is rich in pheromones, which are sometimes used as an ingredient in perfumes. -

- Let's be careful. - Ash said looking at the rival Pokémon with a hard expression. - I have the impression that it won't be easy to defeat him at all. -

Salazzle suddenly used Flame Burst on Piplup and KO him within seconds.

– Oh no, Piplup! - Dawn exclaimed, starting to run, instinctively, to catch up with him.The coach looked at her for a moment, then looked back at Salazzle. He was still worried, but he forced himself to keep a hard gaze.

- Piplup had the advantage of the type, but it didn't help... unfortunately it's as I thought... - he said through gritted teeth, continuing to look at him, quickly reflecting on a possible strategy. - Okay Pikachu! Let's use our Z move!! -

– Pika? - said, confused, the yellow Pokémon, only turning his gaze towards him.

But Ash! It's too early to use the special move already! Dawn exclaimed, in the distance, kneeling next to Piplup.

– Pikachu, go, use 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt! -

Pikachu leapt at him to high-five him. When it returned to the ground, facing the Totem Pokémon, it began to store energy and later released it all at once.

Salazzle was hit full blown, however it didn't seem to be affected in the slightest.

- How is it possible?! - Ash exclaimed widening his eyes.

Pikachu, meanwhile, was breathing heavily. Unfortunately, he had already consumed a lot of energy. In addition, using such a powerful move at the beginning of the battle certainly didn't help him.

Salazzle used the Toxic attack on Pikachu and it caused him to get poisoned. In the end, the yellow Pokémon could barely keep its eyes open.

- We have to intervene. - said the girl, with a decisive air, standing up and taking a Pokéball from her pocket. - Cleffa, I choose you! -

However, Salazzle used Toxin once again and hit Cleffa as soon as he hit the ground.

- Oh no, Cleffa! -

– Pikachu, can you do it?! - exclaimed the alarmed boy.

– Pika...! - Pikachu said, with difficulty, making an effort to appear confident, looking at the dominant Pokémon.

– Courage, use Quick Attack! -

However, the Pokémon moved much slower than expected and this, of course, allowed Salazzle to get ahead of it. He used Poison Gas hitting him in full and worsening his health.

- It's going badly! - commented Dawn, terrified, looking at Pikachu.

Salazzle, at that point, quickly approached Cleffa and used Double Slap.