CH: 29 Times going by

(Celeste POV)

It'll be time for me to check out of the cabin soon; the sad part is that I don't even want to.

Once we leave this cabin, will everything be okay?

Am I wrong to be a little scared and nervous about all of this?

I wouldn't say I'm scared, but more nervous. Zy is going to have a lot of questions about who Ji-Cheol is. I'm not going to tell her everything, it would not be right too, and not only that, I don't want my best friend to be scared of him.

But it will take a lot of work to answer some of the questions I know she will ask. She will ask what he does for a living, how we met, and other questions about him.

I can't tell her he kills people for a living, she'll have me checked in a ward quickly, and I can't tell her how we met. That would not be good either.

"Hey, sweetheart, you okay?" Ji-Cheol said, calling me out of my thoughts.

I turned around to find him staring at me with a concerned look.

Why does he make the word sweetheart sound so sexy coming from him?

Is this what being whipped feels like?

Gosh, I did not see that coming.

"I'm fine, and I was thinking about some things. It's going to be time for me to check out the cabin soon." I said, sighing.

"Yeah, I was thinking about that too earlier. It's going to be a little sad, like a vacation we don't want to leave, but we have other things to look forward to." He said, smiling.

I nodded my head, agreeing to that.

"Yeah, you're right about that," I said.

It is true; it's not like we're going to ghost each other after this; we did have plans on what was coming and how we both wanted to continue to be together.

"I promise that the future between us is going to be great. It's the least I can do. After the way interfered with your vacation, I was an unexpected guest." He said with a smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head.

"oh gosh, yeah, you were, but it was nice spending the holidays with you. It was fun; I had a good time." I said, being honest. I couldn't lie; if he weren't with me, I would be spending the holidays alone, and I didn't experience that because he was here.

He kept me company throughout the month and made it an experience.

"I'm glad you had a good time; I also enjoyed it. I am looking forward to doing it with you, and there will be lots of holidays for us to spend together in the future, like New Year's Eve, which is coming up, next Chrismas, and also another day that's coming up is Valentine's day, of course." He said, making his brows dance.

"And I already know I will go all out for you that day." He said, with a wink.

I felt myself getting flush from just him teasing me.

"Speaking of special days, there's something I've been meaning to ask. When is your birthday? I know your favorite color, favorite food, and much more." Ji-Cheol asked me.

I chuckled; we both didn't talk about each other birthdays.

"You've already mentioned my birthday," I said to him.