CH: 17 What's going on?

(Celeste POV)

I can't tell if he's joking or if he is being serious right now.

What was going on?

Is he flirting with me, or is he playing around? I can't tell right now, and should I ask? Is it okay to ask if he was flirting, or is it awkward between us?

I don't even know how even to answer what he just asked.

"Well, I can't tell if you're joking or flirting with me," I said in a severe tone.

"Oh, I'm flirting with you." He said in a blunt tone. My eyes widened, taken off guard by what he said. I expected to joke about it, to behave as if he wasn't flirting with me, and to make a funny joke afterward.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Do I not look serious?" He asked with a blank expression.

"Would you be upset if I was flirting with you? Do you mind it?" He asked me.

I sat there, not knowing what to say, what was going on. We were joking, and now he's saying he was flirting with me?

"I don't mind it." I found myself saying, Ji-Cheol stared at me; he still had a serious look on his face, but he didn't have an amused look or a smirk.

"You realize what you're saying, right?" He said as he tilted his head.

"You're saying that you don't mind that I flirt with you, which means I can keep flirting with you," Ji-Cheol said.

"Yes, that's what that means, I suppose," I said, trying to make sense of it.

"Is there a reason why you're flirting with me?" I asked him, wanting to know the reason behind this switch.

"Yes, it's because I'm smitten with you." He said. I raised a brow at that.

Is he smitten with me?

"It's because I am interested." He said, staring intensely at me.

"I am interested in you; I want to get to know you more. I want to know your dislikes, your likes, what annoys you, what makes you laugh, what you find funny, and what you hate. I want to get to know everything about you. I want to get to know you inside and out." He said the last sentence in a low voice that caused chills to run down my back.

"Don't you think that's something I should continue to pursue?" He asked me.

I stared at him, trying to think about what to say, but the truth was. I was so shocked that I didn't know what to say. I had no clue what to even say to that. Should he pursue being interested in me? I thought he couldn't be in the relationship because of his living. I thought he said he was worried about that; having someone deal with it long-term?

"What are you exactly trying to pursue with me? Listen, I just got out of a relationship that I didn't even know was a bad one. That douchebag cheated on me. So, if you're looking for someone to fool with, I don't think I'm the person for that." I said; the expression on Ji-Cheol's looked change, and he looked annoyed.

"Celeste." He said in a serious voice.

"I don't want to play around with you." He said, shaking his head and sighing.

"Trust me; this worries me because I am interested in you and want to pursue it so badly, but I'm worried that I'll make you feel uncomfortable about wanting to pursue it. I am not going to pursue as someone to mess with, as someone who is just there but because I want to and would like to." He said.

"I thought you said that you don't think you'll be able to have a relationship?" I asked him.

"I don't, but I'm willing to leap and give it a chance; I'm ready to hope that I can be with you, and I hope that you would accept me for me and with everything that goes along with me. I'm not asking you to say yes. I'm just asking you to think about us getting to know each other more and to see where it goes." He said, letting out a chuckle.

"Honestly, if you're even attracted or interested in me." He said, rubbing the back of his neck with an edgy look.

"I mean, here I am rambling on, and I am not even sure if you're even interested in me as I am interested in you." He said, laughing nervously.

"Well, that's a little embarrassing." He said, getting up and stretching.

"Just think about it; I'm going to shower." He said, smiling at me. He walked away from the living room quickly. As if he was trying to escape the scene faster.

When I heard the door of his room shut, I let go of a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

He's interested in me that way, the liking way. It was written all over his face, and I would be a fool not to notice the tremble in his voice—the way it ranges from deep to soft-spoken.

He was serious about everything he said, and I wanted to linger in that feeling. He tried to get to know me more; why shouldn't I be okay with someone who wants to get to know me? Yes, I was nervous; the way he had me feeling a little something for him can be considered a little too fast.

Yet I found myself wanting to throw myself into it.

So should I give it a shot? Should I go with it?

I want to get to know him more and am attracted to him. It would be hard not to be attracted to someone like him. He was very attractive looking, and he does make me laugh a lot.

I felt heat making its way to my body, my face started to get hot, and I knew I was beginning to feel something that some might advise me not to feel.

I am not someone who tries to push my feelings away when it comes to someone I'm attracted to; if I'm attracted to them, and I find myself liking them, I let them know as well, and I like that Ji-Cheol is similar to that as well, but the thing is, is this something worth pursuing?

Because I do want to pursue it and see what can come out of it.

(*Kassandra Speaks)

Well, damn. They both like each other, so what do you Dolls think they will do about that?

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu