Chapter 21: An Unforgettable Page Of Writing.

Start from the beginning

"You got one now?"

"Yes. I believe there is no other possible explanation for what I could be holding. Now, come on." Y/N then tugged Phillips sleeve with his free hand, and began to drag him towards the place he had spotted.

————

"The floor? Really?"

Y/N looked up at Phillip whom had been glaring down at his sitting form, and only brushed the hair out of his face as he continued to look into his eyes. "What else does it look like? Does it look as if I'm sitting upon a couch?"

Phillip clicked his tongue in an irritating fashion like he always did, and only lowered his body, taking a seat on the floor next to Y/N. Silence was filled between them for a moment, and after a few seconds, Y/N opened his book. Phillip had been looking the opposite way as Y/N scanned through the few words on the first page, and flipped to the next one.

As Y/N flipped to the actual beginning of the book, the prolonged rather, he stared at Phillip whom now began to slightly turn his head, facing the shelves they had been sitting behind. "You may choose to read along with me, listen, or just sit there the entire time if you're going to choose not to be a nuisance."

Phillips light blue eyes roared with caving oceans of rage and anger, and he only held his legs close to his chest, giving no answer. Y/N didn't answer Phillip, and only began to softly read the words out loud to himself; but he sounded quiet enough not be heard. It was almost as if he were murmuring to himself.

The following words he read out loud from what we're seemingly the perspective of a 19 year old girl, just like the both of them, she had graduated college. Her name was Lucy, and she told of this boy whom she absolutely despised.

Phillip found himself rather interested at Y/Ns narraration of the words, and could only give into staring. He perked up, finding himself slightly increasing interest in this story he didn't seem to like at first.

Y/N quietly began to slightly raise his voice, still not staring back at Phillip, whom constantly switched from staring at him to staring at the pages of the book. As he began to read off of a scene where the main character would be talking with her teacher, Phillip found himself turning his head completely, diverting his attention to the words on the white ivory pages tinted gold.

Y/N then blinked, and looked at Phillip whom seemed almost completely interested in the book now, sparks of attention in his eyes. "Are you.. enjoying this, Hamilton?" He asked, rather fascinated by the sight he didn't think he'd ever see.

"...no..." Phillip quietly answered, still staring at the book. Y/N paused, and said nothing in return, only giving a slight breath as he continued to read.

He gave a slight breath every few minutes, it was a little difficult to keep reading, yet for some reason the sight of Phillips increasing attention began to tempt him into reading more and more. It was almost as if the man were intoxicated.

So why was it so fascinating to watch?

————

It was by the 50th chapter Phillip wasn't holding back on not saying anything when it came to events in the story; the main character had now found herself competing against her enemy, yet she struggled with such matters, as she could feel herself beginning to be taunted with love. Love for her own enemy.

"Aww, what?!" Phillip complained at an event in the story, his head was nearly leaning against Y/Ns at this point with how close he had gotten, yet of course; they didn't touch. After all, even now, they wouldn't want to touch eachother.

Y/N paused, "He has just insulted her, and now she is feeling deeply sad about it. Are you seriously confused even after all that I had just read?"

"Of course not, dumbo!" Phillip yelled, barely noticing his voice was slightly above a whisper. "I just dunno why he's actin' so cruel to her right now. She said she was sorry!"

"...even though she held a dagger to his throat only a few hours ago?" Y/N questioned, slightly raising his head from the book, and looking Phillip dead in his eyes with an emotionless void of nothingness inside of them.

"Yeah, but—but he was trying to kill her too!"

"She was also trying to kill him as well. Clearly, this relationship isn't going to work out if they don't get therapy first. Should they get married in the future, I'd feel sorry for their children."

"But—but he tried—he tried to kiss her though!"

"Only for putting up an act so his life would be saved."

"Yeah—that's what he said, but that doesn't mean it's true!"

"Thats a 50% chance, Hamilton, you and I both know that—"

As their voices began to collide over one another, they hadn't realized a few things.

The book was now completely thrown off of Y/Ns lap from the sheer force of their argument, they were now both not whispering—and as Y/N stared into Phillips eyes of light blue, he gestured furiously, and Phillip happened to do so at the same time; both of their hands brushed over one another for a split second as they continued to argue endlessly.

It was only a matter of time before—

"Argh!"

A sharp yell was heard from in front of them, making them both harshly flinch. But before they could even stare into the eyes of the individual who had just made such a sound..

They found themselves slowly floating into the air, and quickly realized the individual who made such a sound had picked them up, and began to march furiously out of the area.

/////////////////////////
Æ