Chapter 24:: Loving Flaws

Author's POV: 

"Is it good?" You asked Taehyung who nodded, eating the sandwich you made.
"I made a fruit smoothie. It'll taste good and it's nutritious too. Good move, right?" You asked, smiling. He hummed, "You're smarter than I thought." 

You watched him eat and said, "We're viral on the articles." 
He looked at you, "We are?"
"Yeah, this morning... Mina called. Before her, Jungkook called. With him was the Queen." You smiled as he tried not to chuckle, "Of course, they are always waiting for our updates."

You both finished breakfast and lay on the bed, reading a book together.
"Does this have a happy ending?" You asked as Taehyung replied, "I think so. This is a romcom, not a melodrama."
"Thank god." You sighed as his head was resting on your chest. It should've been the other way around considering he was the bigger one but you were the one playing with his hair while he held the book. 
"Hey, you know... I like the smell of your shampoo."
"Are you reading or not?"

"Uff..." You frowned as he smiled at you, looking up. 
"Do I talk a lot?" You asked out of nowhere while you both were reading as he frowned, looking at you. You shrugged, "Just a question... I thought I did." 
"No, you don't." He whispered as you asked, "Oh? Is it because you're too quiet that you think I don't?"
"That should give me more reason to think the opposite but it's not that." 

You looked at him, "Oh... it was just a question, never mind. Forget it." 
"What happens to the female here?" You asked, trying to divert the topic but he closed the book, making you frown. 
"Y/N." He got up and stared at you. You looked at him confused as he asked, "Can't you rely on me?" 
"Huh?"
He shifted closer to you, staring intensely at you, making you gulp. 
"I heard some part of your story from your friends that night. But there's more to it as I know. I'm not asking you to tell me but I'm just saying that... I don't mind anything and... even if you think that you're talkative or annoying or whatever people have told you before, you're not. You make me feel like myself, you make me happy because... you're like this... you can light up an entire room with your laugh. I just... I..." He sighed. You stared at him completely blankly.

You did not react and he was wondering if he did the right thing. Would he regret it? 

You simply smiled a little, looking down, "That's weird." 
He didn't know why your reaction felt so mixed. You looked at him, "Is it because you shared your stories with me and it feels bad if you don't hear mine?" 
He frowned, "Do you think that way?" 
You looked down, shaking your head. You didn't know why you said that but you just... felt agonized when he brought it up. 
"I'm sorry." You whispered as he caressed your cheeks.
"You don't need to share. I just needed you to know that." 

You gulped and said, "I... just..."
You took a deep breath and looked at him, wanting to share this piece of you with him. Because as full of flaws as it was, you knew he'd accept it. He wouldn't judge you and you knew that. 
"Ever since my childhood... I've felt as if I was someone who could be easily replaced. The friends I've had never really cared for me much... other than Mina. But she wasn't always there as we both went to different classes. I grew up being the clown among friend groups but at times, I felt as if people dismissed me a lot because I was talkative and too relaxed... I was too much of a joker you know... always clowning around, having fun and being friendly with people I cared for." 

You sighed as he caressed your hands, giving them a tight squeeze. 

"But... as I grew up, people who I wasn't quite friends with started saying I was too talkative. Some people joked that I was crazy but later on, it became real. Real rumours about me having mental disorders were laughing topics among students. But I wasn't one to back off. I roasted people who said to me back. But, at the end of the day, it made me insecure about myself. Maybe... if I was more quiet and elegant, I'd be loved." You held back your tears but a teardrop fell from your eyes as he wiped it, looking at you as his heart broke at every word leaving your mouth.