Chapter 16:: Closer

Author's POV: 

"Really?" You asked as he hummed, "That's why he invited us... to create a controversy." 
"Oh. No wonder that girl was being so idiotic. I almost thought she was 10 but she isn't. Even 10-year-olds don't act like that. Just like those bitchy actors in soap operas." Seeing your laugh, Taehyung felt eased. 

When he saw Mr Lee's daughter get up, he realized she'd say something to you. He was worried you'd misunderstand but seeing that you were completely chill about it, he felt at ease.

"Why did the family accept invitations from this family? You said they had bad records." You frowned, "The King... still supports them. They have political influence that benefits him so whatever." 
You nodded and asked, "So you came running here to tell me that?" 
"I..." He didn't know how to reply as you smiled, "Woah, a nice improvement I think." 
"Are you okay? Did she say anything mean to you?" You shook your head, "She doesn't have the audacity. And I'm... okay but... alright, if I'm going, to be honest, this feeling wasn't nice. When she approached me and said I was lousy, it kind of angered me." 
"Lousy?" He raised a brow as you shrugged, "Yeah, she thinks everyone's like her. Lousy, delusional and idiotic." 

He smiled a little, holding your shoulders. 
You looked at him a little confused as he mouthed, "Cameras are outside." 
You looked out of the window to see cameras. Wow, privacy where? 

He leaned in closer, smiling mentally while thanking the cameras for appearing. He was dying to hug you but knowing you could react differently, he didn't want to mess up. But now when there were cameras and a valid reason to act lovey-dovey, who would miss the chance? 

He hugged you delicately, making you gulp. Your heartbeats increased as you inhaled his scent. Somehow, the scent itself, his warmth, his presence, everything in this moment comforted you. You closed your eyes and hugged him back, feeling his grip tighten. He pulled you closer until your bodies were completely sealed together, his arms securing your waist while yours held his back. He backed away his head, looking at you. 
"The cameras are seeing a romance opera right now."
"Let them." He spoke, pressing a firm kiss on your nose. Your breath hitched and you'd run away right now, throwing away your throbbing heart somewhere on the road. But you couldn't. 

You closed your eyes, gripping his suit. He stared at you, your trembling lips. He saw Mr Lee's daughter stare at you both in disgust but he didn't care. He had you in his arms. He felt as if his dreams came true. 
"Let's go." He whispered as you hummed. You both pulled away, holding hands as you walked back to the cabin.

———

The rest of the dinner was awkward and you both left immediately after that. 
You looked at Taehyung and he seemed a little worried. 
"What's wrong?" 
He shook his head, giving you a blank normal face. You knew he felt something but he just didn't know how to show it.
"So, how do you feel?"
"I don't know."
You hummed, patting his back lightly, "It's alright. I don't mind whatever happened today so you shouldn't either. Things happen here all the time, don't they?"

"I'd take you to the terrace but..."
"The King has it locked for the next month." Your statement made him sigh. You smiled and continued, "There are lots of places instead of the terrace."
"Like?"
"Like..." You didn't know either. You looked outside the car window, pretending the conversation never happened as Taehyung sighed. He wanted to smile at your silliness but he didn't have the heart to.

—A few days later 

"Hey, Joseph said their flight will be delayed 2 days."
"Why?"
"Some tornado hit the US I guess?" Mina sighed as you hummed, "Alright. Anyway, I didn't want them here or anything. It's strange."
"Oh, are they going to stay at the palace?"
"I don't think so. I don't agree with that."