Chapter 26:: Life and Death

Author's POV: 

You wondered why his stare was so loving yet hurt so bad as he walked towards you. He took your hand and kissed your knuckles, "I love you." 
You smiled, blush coating your cheeks as you said, "I love you too." 
He closed his eyes, backed away and looked at the people around. Not a single person here was his deal. Other than Jungkook and his mother, he cared about none. 
And right in front of him was his whole life, you. 

"Let's try out the food, I think it's really good!" You grinned as he nodded. You took him around to places here and there in the venue. 
None of the people you and Jungkook wanted to invite was here, this was just another one of King's gatherings so why not just enjoy the food? 
"Who's Jungkook talking to?" Taehyung frowned seeing his brother's unusually wide grin.
"That's creepy if it's Mina." You sighed as he looked at you confused.

"They both have been chatting a lot. I don't like this. Mina says they're just friends but... you know." You sighed as Taehyung shook his head, "I knew it."
"I know right? But I thought Mina quit liking guys."
"She's liked guys before?"
"Not really... but yeah, more crushes than me."
"You had crushes?"
"On celebrities? Yes." You smiled as he said, "I'm also a celebrity."

"You're my husband, why are you even bothering?" You smiled as he looked away, clearing his throat. You'd kiss him right now if people weren't around. 

"Here, try this out!" You said, forwarding a piece of cake to him. He ate it, judging the taste as you smiled. But the smile died down when you heard a few whispers, 

'He's just a lovesick puppy... All he has is articles about him kissing her. That's so nasty.'
'Is he even fit to be the future King?'
'The King should choose wisely about the heir.' 

You looked down, trying not to look back but you knew Taehyung heard it. You turned around, noticing the people who said that and glared at them, forgetting you were a princess yourself now. 
They cleared their throats, looking away embarrassed. 
You felt Taehyung's hands on your cheeks, turning you toward him as he said, "It's sweet but... I think I like your cake better." 
You stared at him blankly before smiling a little. But it might've turned out sad because he held your hand saying, "Don't bother about them. They're no one but talkers. That's all they're here to do." 
"Still... you're too perfect to be a weird King. Huh. They're the losers." You huffed as he smiled, pulling you closer.

"I want you close to me all the time. I don't care what they say. You're the only one I can rely on." You smiled, "Rely on me then. I'm strong to protect you!" 
"You'd protect me? What a joke!" He said, chuckling as you frowned, "Of course. I might be smaller in body but I can still protect you. I will, I promise!" 
"I'll wait for that then." He said.

You both tried out some more food and soon, the time to dance came. 

The Queen was dancing with Jungkook. And you already had your partner.

Taehyung spun you around as the song played, pulling you closer and pecking your lips, continuing the dance. With every chance he got, he pecked your lips. And you loved it when he did that.

You giggled as he lifted you, making you wrap your arms around his neck for support. The lights went off and everyone probably changed positions but Taehyung still carried you, smiling as you rested your forehead on his. 
"What if they see us?" You grinned as he replied, "Let them see." 
"Ah..." You giggled lowly as he spun slowly, "Kiss me now." 
"What?!" You gasped as he replied, "Now." 

You didn't kiss him but he frowned, making you chuckle. You slowly let your lips meet him, causing a sudden friction in your heart and everywhere else. Your entire body was electrified as his hands tightened around you. 
You pulled away after a few seconds and smiled to which he reciprocated. His smile was becoming an addiction now.