Chapter 22:: Snow in Paris

Author's POV: 

The bustling streets of Paris, couples here and there, the lights shining brightly while noise prevailed. It was Christmas night. You looked at the figure beside you, holding your hands tightly and smiled a little. 
You both got out without telling anyone, just to relax in this new city.
"Are you sure you know the way back?"
"I've come to this country a few times before." He said as you nodded, "So you know this place?"
"Sort of." 

You saw a man playing the violin nearby. You both sat near him and listened to him play along with some more people on the street. There was a huge fountain in the middle of the area, surrounded by shops, big and small. 

"He plays so well." You whispered as he nodded, "True."
"Do you know how to play the violin?"
"I learned for some time."
"Wow, can you play it for me? Go, go, ask him!" You smiled as he frowned, "No way." 
"Alright. I mean, that was just a request." You shrugged, disappointment evident on your face. He looked at you before looking away. 

There was no need to do this but he got up and walked up to the man once he was done, "May I borrow this?" He asked in French. 
The man smiled, nodding. He handed Taehyung the violin as you were staring at him wide-eyed. He sat down and started playing while mouthing, "Record it. This is the only time you're seeing." 
You grinned, took out your phone and started recording as he started.

You didn't expect this but once he started, you realized how beautifully he played. The tunes and melody, everything felt touching. People were coming as you looked at him. 
His eyes closed, as he continued to play the violin. 
You stopped the recording because it was distracting and stared at him. You'd take it at this moment and you knew you wouldn't forget it. 

"He seems familiar." A few voices whispered nearby as you gulped. Would they know you both were the royals? 

He finished playing and thanked the man who was complimenting him. Some people recognized him and were gasping and you sighed. This was the end of this little walk then... since now you'd become animals of the zoo. 

"I think people know." You whispered as he stood in front of you. You stared up at him as he bent to your face level, lifting your chin. He didn't utter a word but just placed his lips on yours, making your eyes widen. 

Everyone around cheered and gasped, some people knew that you both were the royal couple. 2 people clicked pictures and others were clapping. You closed your eyes, the noise of the people becoming just a subgenre when you felt him suck on your lower lip lightly. 

He backed away and stared at you as you asked, "People saw us... we're going to be public now." 
"Weren't we public even before that?" He raised a brow. Right. 

He straightened his body and said in French, "We're here just to spend time by ourselves. I'd appreciate it if you didn't publicize the news. You know, it's hard to spend time in peace due to the media. Thank you." 

"Have a safe trip! Have fun!" Some people commented as Taehyung held your hand, "Let's sneak out." 
You chuckled as you both quickly ran away since some people wouldn't stop staring. You both ran until you reached a small coffee shop.
"It's Christmas night and hot chocolate is a must." You said as he hummed, "Let's go." 

You both got inside, wore your masks and ordered some hot chocolate. 

It was warm. You both chatted for some time and held hands under the table for no reason which was your plan and it was cute. The Christmas music was playing and there was a Santa and some elves outside. You enjoyed the view for some time with him.
"You didn't record the whole play. Was it boring?" He asked as you went through your phone. You smiled, "No... because I wanted to focus on you, not record it. So, since I pay so much attention to you, you should play it again for me." 
He sighed, shaking his head. He would, he knew it. He was just saying things like he wouldn't.