Chapter 1:: The Betrothal

Prologue:

"Childhood betrothal?" Y/N asked her mother who nodded. She smiled gracefully, fixing her pencil skirt, "Yes, Y/N. You were told about it often in your childhood, weren't you?" 
Her mellow voice rang in Y/N's ears she sighed, grabbing her brown hair.
"I thought those were jokes, mother!" She said, confusion all over her face.
"Well... you were in the US for almost 12 years. Now it's been over 3 months since you're back. So..." 
"But mothe-"
She was cut off by her father's deep coughing. 

She looked at her parents and then around the lavish beige interior of the house. 
"So we're going to some engagement party with a guy I do not know!" She said as her mother looked at the book in her hand. Her father simply read his newspaper while sitting on the white sofa.
"He's a prince, Y/N. You're getting married into a royal family because the Queen is my very own best friend and due to the political influence our family has. You shall not refuse." Y/N narrowed her eyes at her mother's statement before walking inside her room. 
"Whatever. I'm sure the prince will refuse too. Either way, no one in this generation cares about some childhood betrothal." 

———

"Prince Taehyung." The Queen spoke as the raven-haired guy looked at the glass table in front of them, fixing his permed hair. 
"Mother. You know well I do not agree." Taehyung spoke but the Queen sighed, "The King will be furious. I've seen the girl. She had been studying abroad for 12 years... brought up by her uncle who has a huge influence there. She has etiquette and knowledge and based on her mother, she must have grace too. She's perfect for you." 
"Child betrothal with some girl of a high influenced family isn't what I want,"
Taehyung stated in a firm voice when another voice interrupted, "Hyung. You should agree! Come on." 

"Jungkook," Taehyung spoke as the chestnut-haired guy sat in front of them, fixing his royal suit. Taehyung looked at the time, 4:50 pm.
"I have to leave for horse riding. See you then." Taehyung got up, dusting his royal blue pants as he left the Queen's chamber. 
"Mother. Why is he so against it?" Jungkook asked as the Queen sighed, "I would have no one to blame but myself for it." 
"Brother always opposes the marriage. Every time the child betrothal was brought up, he seemed against it strongly. I wonder if it's because he's arrogant or ignorant or just... scared of women?" 

The queen glared at Jungkook who shut up.
"Could be interested in guys too..."
"What?"
The Queen gasped in disbelief as Jungkook replied, "I saw it on the internet. I don't know!" 

Author's POV || Next day 

"Your Highness." Your mother bowed gracefully at the woman in front of you all. She wore a beautiful crown that shone brighter than diamonds. You were mesmerized for a moment by how graceful and beautiful she was. She seemed old, but her face bloomed with beauty and youth. 
You bowed next, "Your Highness." 
She smiled widely at you, taking in your face. Her eyes wandered from your hair to your shoes. 
"You're even prettier than I imagined. Wow... I always thought my son was the best... seems like you're one competitor." She said. Her voice was beautiful and feminine. 

You smiled, "Of course. I take after my mother." 
"Y/N!"
You heard your mom whisper as the Queen laughed a little. 
"It's alright. I would prefer her being real instead of showing fake modesty while being arrogant underneath." 
"Only you royals could pull that off."
Your mother smiled at her and said back, "So could you influencers." 

Soon, you all were inside the Palace, sitting in the luxuriously decorated living room. The splashes of sage green and blue, white and beige were attractive to the eye. You wondered when this palace was made, looking around the place.