Chapter 3:: Forgiveness

Author's POV: 

Your veins were filled with rage as you stared at Taehyung in disbelief. What kind of a jerk would say that in public? 

Thinning his lips, he glanced at the heads turned toward him. Now he seemed awkward. But he cleared his throat, "What? I said the truth." 
Your mother let out an awkward chuckle as the Queen glared at Taehyung.
"As if he looks very extravagant himself..." You muttered, earning a slight smack from your mother. She frowned but you didn't care. He started this thing out of nowhere.

He looked at you blankly and you frowned at him. Suddenly your phone pinged with a notification as you checked it. 

"Play along." Taehyung had texted.

So, he said that to work out the plan? You almost got irritated. Well, you still were. There are so many things to point out, not something revolving around your precious beauty. You sighed as the guardians looked awkward. 
"Well, nice to know both people have similar opinions about each other," Jungkook spoke, grinning. 
"Prince Jungkook." The Queen spoke as Jungkook cleared his throat, apologizing quietly. The entire area of the restaurant was rented so no one was around and they all came in undercover so it was okay so far. 

"So, I'm thinking that we should publicize this thing. THey're to be arranged, after all." The Queen said as your father nodded, looking down. 
"No!" You said quickly as Taehyung looked at you, swallowing. You said 'no' to the queen, just like that. But when you realized whatever you did, you cleared your throat, sighing. 
"I mean... let's wait for a little more? You know, I am not ready to deal with the paparazzi..." Your voice trailed off seeing your mother glare at you in full force. Jungkook was quietly laughing while Taehyung thinned his lips. 

He raised the menu in front of his face, hiding him from others. And no one knew or saw, but he smiled. But he kept it back, turning his face back to normal. 

The Queen looked at you for a moment before smiling a little. 
"Well, I can understand. That's how I felt when I was getting married too. It's alright. Take some more time, then." You smiled at her, "Thank you. You're kind..." 

Soon, the food arrived and everyone started eating. You didn't eat much, you were about to die. This royal tension was too much to handle. Your parents were eating so gracefully, you wondered if they'd die of a heart attack when they knew you lived the total commoner's life in the US. Your uncles, though being influencers, always lived simple lives in the US. So did you. But your parents didn't know. 
You knew etiquette and manner, grace and kindness so it wasn't a problem. You lived two lives. Though you'd prefer the commoner's life more, this was fine too. Though, right now, you just wanted to stuff some buns or macaroni in your room and not sit in the middle of a quiet graceful lunch. 

"So, the engagement party shall be held on the 10th of December." The Queen stated as everyone nodded. What the hell? 
"We have to publicize the news within a week." Your father said as you gulped. One week to cancel these? You were going against the royals now. Wow. 

Maybe you should just flee the country to get married. But again, you barely knew Taehyung. How could you marry someone you didn't love? 

"Mother, are you sure this marriage will be convenient?" Taehyung asked as everyone looked at him. He needed to say something less rude to stop the marriage, At this point, his words were getting on your nerves as well. 
"What do you mean, prince?" Your mother asked as Jungkook was staring at everyone, quite confused, 
"I mean... getting married into the royal family only brings chaos. Both families already have enough power. Why get married?" Taehyung's statement made your mom gasp. The Queen kept her fork on the table with a loud thud, making you choke on your orange juice. You looked at Taehyung, "Are you saying we're getting married to get power?" 
You were quite mad now. There were many things to carry out the plan. He didn't have to say something so disrespectful.