Chapter 7:: Beautiful

Author's POV:

"May I know why I've been invited for horse riding again?" You asked as Taehyung shrugged, "Mother wanted to apologize to you for the current commotion. It's also better if you don't scroll the internet."
"That's 2 day-old news." You said as he cleared his throat. His cold face shone without any sunlight. You wondered if there was a hidden sun within his beautiful face.

"Maria had missed you, I guess," Taehyung spoke, patting Maria as you smiled at her.
"Hey, Maria. Nice to see you again." You said to the horse, staring at her with the kindest smile ever. And Taehyung couldn't help but feel strange. The more he saw your smile, the stranger reactions occurred within him. At this point, he tried not to even look at you properly. He was becoming scared of being attached in any way he didn't intend to be.

So were you. You looked at him, feeling your heart beating faster and gulping. Should you have avoided this meeting? But you couldn't. You felt excited when he asked you about it.

"Let's go." He spoke, getting on Maria. He forwarded his hand again as you stared at it for a moment before holding his hand. It felt so right now. Your skin tingled at the feeling as he helped you up. Your back slightly touched his chest and you felt jittery everywhere. What the hell? You shouldn't like this contact.
For some reason, you felt as if he was closer to you this time than the previous one. His hands were touching yours slightly as he held the lead rope. You felt engulfed in his arms, his scent all around you, all over you.
You were sitting there all stiff when he spoke, "Maria is well-balanced, you saw it. Relax."
A soft sigh escaped your lips when he leaned in closer, his chin slightly touching your shoulder. You wondered what he was doing until your eyes went to his hands.

He was securing the rope properly. But so close to you. You could hear his breath.

You fiddled with your fingers, feeling uneasy. You squirmed a little when he backed away.

He noticed it and looked at the back of your head, and your fiddling fingers. He gulped, looking away. Just now, he could've just fixed the rope without leaning so close to you. Why did he?

Soon, you both were travelling around the forest and near the Palace's tracks. You smiled when you saw an adorable cat meowing at you both.
"That cat is so adorable!" You said as Taehyung hummed, "His name is Theo."
"Huh? You know that cat?"
"He lives behind the Palace... sometimes in my room when he succeeds to sneak in." He spoke. You turned your head around, looking up at him. He looked down at you, your faces so close it made you notice his lips even better.
He had a mole, a very small one on his nose. Another on his cheekbones.
But before you could notice further, he cleared his throat, causing you to look away.

Oh, he didn't frown this time.

You didn't realize when you both started talking again, this time, it was better than before. He spoke of different things in his life and you talked about yours.
"Are you sure you never had that food? You're a royal."
"I've only had the high-quality dishes our chef and famous chefs make. I never really ate street food."
"Considering that I'm more normal than you. Wow." You said.
"Are those good?"
"Very! Hmm, you know what? Let's go out one day. Wait, our engagement is still a month away. I'll take you on a street food hunt. There's so much you can do out there!"

He looked at you blankly as you smiled, "Trust me on this, it'll be great!"
He nodded, looking away. As soon as your head turned back, he smiled, feeling excited about whatever you said. He didn't know what it'd be like but he was excited. A feeling of ecstasy filled him as the scent of your rosy shampoo hit his nostrils.

—Next day

"Hello, your Highness." You smiled at Taehyung as he got out of his SUV. He wore a mask and you wore sunglass with a hat.
"Ugh... this is annoying." He spoke, seeing the ruckus around. You giggled and continued, "That's the fun in a commoner's life. Come, I'll show you!"
You would've held his hand, running around with him following you but you were aware of your actions. So, you didn't.
"Are the guards following us?"
"No."
"Thanks for taking a huge hint."