Chapter 17:: Again

Author's POV: 

Taehyung wasn't going to pull away despite the ringing of his phone but from the corner of his eyes, he noticed the name 'Kook' and backed away, looking at the phone. He wanted to throw the phone away along with Jungkook.

You cleared your throat, looking away. He sighed and picked it up, "Yes, kook?"
"Hyung, we're in trouble."
"What?" Seeing Taehyung's frown, you looked at him confused. 
"Come fast!" He hung up, making Taehyung frown. He looked at you as you asked, "What's wrong?" 
"I don't know. We have to hurry back."

You nodded as you both quickly left for the palace. 

—Time skip 

You both entered the palace to see everyone sitting at the dining table quietly. 
"So... what's wrong?" Taehyung asked Jungkook who said, "Oh, you both went on a date. Nothing, we just wanted you to come back. We're going to have a BBQ party tonight!" 

Taehyung glared at Jungkook. 

This guy called just at the time he was about to kiss you. And he ruined it all.

Taehyung fisted his hands, landing a punch on Jungkook's back making him let out a gagged cough.
"HYUNG! THAT HURT!" He screamed as Taehyung rolled his eyes. 
"Don't ever pull those pranks." He rolled his eyes, walking away, not forgetting to glance at you once. You looked down, the events of today flashing in your mind, making you blush. 

You both "almost" kissed so many times, this was frustrating now. 

But again, maybe it was better that way. You needed time to get used to being close to him, right? 

—At night

You wore a cream-coloured cardigan and walked inside the backyard amidst the busy people. Mina was on her way she said. 
Jungkook was making sure that the arrangements were done properly.

Since it was an indoor party, you didn't have to wear much. But Taehyung was fancy. He wore as many things as he could and still managed to look good in them. 

You loved how handsome he looked. But no, you weren't going to stare though you sort of did for a long time. It was still public and more people were present. This would be weird if you got seen staring at him with the eyes of an obsessive woman. You were at this point.

But never mind. You didn't want to acknowledge all that.

"Princess Y/N~~" You heard Jungkook coo and wondered why it sounded suspicious. He had a kind smile that he flashed almost all the time to you. You smiled and asked, "What is it?" 
"Nothing. You look pretty!" He showed you a thumbs up as you giggled, thanking him. Taehyung looked at you both and sighed, checking the ingredients. 
You looked at Taehyung and wanted to go talk to him but before you could, your phone rang, making you frown.

It was Mina. 

You picked up and she said, "We're here!" 
You turned around to see the maids escorting Mina inside. But a gasp escaped your lips when you saw your friends entering behind her. 
Jojo, Tzuyu, Hyunjin, Mark and in front of them was your best friend, Mina.

Everyone came at you, hugging you tightly and some were smooching off your face. The females though. 

You sighed, pushing them away and frowned, "Eh? What are you all doing here?!"
Seeing this extra friendly behaviour, Taehyung came towards you. You were about to be hugged by Hyunjin but Taehyung cleared his throat loudly, interrupting. 
"Who are they?" 
You looked at him, "My friends... they were in the US.."
"Oh." He hummed and tried his best not to glare at Hyunjin's hands flying midway. He frowned when you slightly hugged him, "Hyunjinah.."