Chapter 27:: Enclosed pain

Author's POV: 

The King scoffed seeing you and got up, holding his knuckles as if they hurt. Your eyes were glued to Taehyung who was on the floor, looking at you, surprised and worried.
You blankly looked at the King, feeling something in you burn. This man standing nearby while glaring at you looked like he had to murdered by you. You hated him and this hatred was more than at any other time.

"You don't seem to have manners. Barging in the King's chambers..." The King's deep cold voice reached your ears but you didn't care. You ran towards Taehyung, holding his cheeks, "Taehyung..."
Your voice came out wobbly as tears fell from your eyes. 
His cheek was bruised. His lips burst and blood came out. 
"Taehyung..." 
He shuts his eyes, "Get out of here, now." 
He said as you let out a huff in disbelief, "I'm not. I'm taking you with me."

"Did I say I was done with him?" The King scoffed.
"Nevermind, I'm not even in the mood to... pests." He walked away as you were sitting on the floor, staring at Taehyung. 
"Shh... don't cry." 
"Shut the f-ck up!" You said, tightly holding his hands.
"Why would you get beaten up?!" 

"I'd be jailed if I beat him up." 
"You're so... I..." You had no words. He smiled a little, "You're crying." 
"Shut up. Get up. We're going."

You felt fear creeping up in your veins, realizing the King was here. You had barged into the King's chambers and broken rules. But you had no care for that. Taehyung was so hurt. 
How could that heartless man do that? 
You were enraged. And Taehyung noticed it. He held your hands, "Don't." 
"I'll f-cking poison him." You said. He looked down as you realized that if you both got out now, everyone would know. 

"Hide that face of his. If this word gets out, you'll be the next one." The King said to you as you looked at him in disbelief.
"Your Majesty." Taehyung's cold voice was heard as you sighed, helping him get up. 
"What? Are you gonna protect her now? Boy... tch... one day, when you realize that women are just an infatuation and this woman becomes boring, don't regret your cold voice on me." Taehyung saw your face and knew immediately that you were hurt. He frowned and looked at the King, "Say or do whatever you want to me. But don't you dare target my wife." 
The King scoffed as you held Taehyung's hand, "Let's go." 

You both were about to exit when you heard the King, "Well... she seems to know a lot more than I think she does." 
You looked at the King, confused. He looked at you, smirked and continued, "I believe... there must be a reason for this marriage... is it to become the princess? Or... the fame? Maybe the luxuries?" 
You sighed as Taehyung looked at the King, wondering what trick he was pulling. There was something he was trying to do and it all became clear when he uttered the next words, 

"But an apple doesn't fall far from its tree. Both his parents are cheaters... he'll be one too, right? In that case, what shall you do, Lady Y/N?"

You looked at Taehyung and then at the King. Taehyung saw the insecurity that showed on your face for a moment and panic struck in his heart. He was manipulating you.

"I don't think that's any of your concern, your Majesty. You might have greater things to be worrying about." Your straight statement brought relief to Taehyung's shaking heart as he held your hand tighter. But his anger was overpowering the insecurity. He looked at the King, his eyes filled with rage as the King smirked.

And that was it.

You dashed out of the room with Taehyung before he could say or do anything. His eyes were red in rage and you were worried. 
The maids were whispering but you glared at them, shutting them up. 
You entered your room without a word and made Taehyung sit on the bed. Taking out the first aid necessities in a hurry, you quickly sat in front of him, taking a small cotton bud and applying ointment on it.
"It's gonna hurt." You said as he stared at you blankly. 
He hissed when you put the ointment on him at first but slowly he held himself back. 
"Don't ever get beaten up again." You said, holding back your tears as you stared at his bruised face.