35|The First Steps To Being A Hero

I DO NOT OWN JUJUTSU KAISEN OR MY HERO ACADEMIA

"They what?!" Momo shouts in shock as Midoriya explains to us that they blew up the area we were just in to make a "believable" disaster situation. "I was surprised too! I had no idea they would go to such drastic measures to make this exam so difficult." Midoriya says.

"As crazy as it does sound, it makes sense. As heroes we'll have to go through situations where we'll have to prioritize saving citizens, either from villain attacks to natural disasters. We'll have to try our best to save those "civilians" if we want to pass this final test and get our Provisional Licenses, right Itadori?" Momo turns to me. "Y-Yeah." I answer back to her.

"I'm surprised there were people who's jobs were to be professional rescuees, I thought it would just be something people could do to earn some fast cash." Kaminari says. "What made you think that?" Sero asks him, confused by what Kaminari just said. "Dunno, just didn't think pretending to getting rescued was an actual job. I wonder how much they're getting paid?" As soon as Kaminari says that he's stabbed by one of Jiro's earjacks. "THAT'S WHAT YOUR THINKING ABOUT?!" Jiro shouts at him, extremely annoyed by his dumb question.

"Enough you two! We must focus on this upcoming challe-"

*KZZZT*

"Terrorists have launched a massive attack!" Mera shouts out of now where. "So that's the scenario for this exercise." Tsu says. "Huh?! Okay..." Jiro says. "There's wide scale destruction throughout the city. Buildings are collapsing and people are hurt!" Mera continues. "It's starting!" Tsu shouts. "With most of the roads out of commission, rescue and relief squads are having a hard time reaching the scene! Until they arrive, it's up to you heroes to take charge and rescue civilians. SAVE EVERY LIFE YOU CAN!!" Mera shouts as once again the walls around us fall apart, signaling us to begin and head out.

I'm not sure how we get our points in this part of the test since Mera neglected to mention that part, is it a point a person? How many points do we need to pass? Will the "terrorists" come out and we'll have to fight them? Dammit I'm thinking too much about this test, and if I overthink this test then I'll end up failing. Seems like this'll be a "act first think later" type situation, and thankfully those kinds of situations are my specialty.

As the remaining 100 students from the last exam rush out towards the destroyed area, I see many people fall over or try to push others over to get an advantage on them even if it's for an extra second or two. I get that people really need their provisional licenses, but isn't it pretty shallow to sabotage other peoples chances at getting one? I mean the entire reason we're all here is to get a step closer to becoming heroes and I doubt most heroes push others around so they can be higher up.

"Let's head for the nearest metro zone now! Stick together as a team!" Iida shouts to us all. We reach the nearest zone per his instructions and... shit... I can barely handle looking around this place reminds me too much of... of...

"Look over there! It's a child!" Midoriya points out to us all a small chi- "WAHHHH! AHHH! AHHHH! MY GRANDPA, MY GRANDPA IS TRAPPED! HE'S GETTING CRUSHED!" That's a grown man. That's a very apparent grown man pretending to be a child. "Woah! This looks bad!! Where is he?" Midoriya rushes over to the literal man child and asks hi-

 "Woah! This looks bad!! Where is he?" Midoriya rushes over to the literal man child and asks hi-