- 24 🌸

London,  UK

Sidharth was sitting in a car looking tense. His shirt's first two button was open,  sleeves rolled up to forearm and messed up hair replacing his tired look to a sinfully handsome one. He was shaking his legs and tapping his fingers continuously. He was being anxious to reach his destination as soon as possible.

"Is she at hospital? " Sidharth uttered in a worried tone.

"No sir. Mam is at her house in Cambridge . Doctor discharged mam an hour ago.  They doesn’t have any external injury only mam got a cut on her right wrist that also not too deep. But everyone is internally injured. "Sidharth sighed in relief.

"How this all happened? " Sidharth asked in his stern tone looking outside. He was sitting comfortably as  their was no way for him to reach Cambridge before an hour and 30 minutes.

"Today is weekend here. So mam was in London  for shopping. After having her breakfast,  everyone wanted to enjoy their weekend by going any beach and all. Mam also agreed. They was driving to Brighton beach. When they reached elephant and castle round over there was heavy traffic as it’s weekend. We was in another car beside mam's car. So,  after crossing the first traffic light we went to the second one and the signal was red turning to yellow gradually. Suddenly a bus came from the first traffic light and hit the back of mam's car in speed .  Luckily there weren't any car before mam's car that’s why the damage is less. " Shehnaaz's security incharge elaborate the whole incident to Sidharth. He was more worried now and thanked almighty for saving his love's life.

"Was it a accident or something else? " suddenly a thought crossed Sidharth's mind that it could be a preplanned accident as there are almost 50 yards distance between two traffic light. Then how come a bus from a traffic light could hit a car of another traffic light. It’s quiet odd.

"No sir there were police on spot and they were saying that the driver was drunk. After the accident the driver came out and started shouting. Also the CCTV showed that he broke the traffic signal. " Security incharge said turning back to Sidharth from passenger seat.

"Hmmm." Sidharth just hummed. He was still shock to digest the whole incident.

" Cancel his driving licence. " Sidharth added and the security incharge nodded.

———————–————

Cambridge, UK

Sidharth almost ran to Shehnaaz's  apartment and
knocked on the door . Hayat opened the door and she was shocked seeing Sidharth there.
Sidharth just ignored her and directly went to Shehnaaz's room. There she was laying on bed with pale face. She had a bandage on her right wrist and two more tape was wrapped around her finger indicating that she had bruised there.

Sidharth sat beside Shehnaaz and caressed her hair lovingly. Shehnaaz opened her eyes tiredly feeling a familiar touch. Sidharth hugged her instantly.
He broke the hug and touched his forehead with her. Their eyes were glossy stating their worries
and a yearning desire for each other.

"Are you ok? " Sidharth asked with concern caressing her cheeks lovingly. She just nodded in response.

Sidharth observed her fully looking for any other  wounds on her body. He hold her right hand and kissed on the back of her palm and placed his another hand in the crook of her neck.

"You are having temperature, Jaan. " Sidharth said. Still half laying on Shehnaaz.

"Doctor told that she could have temperature because of pain." Hayat said who was standing there silently adoring the lovebirds along with Anum.

"Didn’t he suggest any medicine? " He asked turning to Hayat.

"She had her medicine. " Hayat informed.

"How it happened,  Hayat?  I mean I heard details. But there could be some minor things which I should know. " Sidharth was looking at Shehnaaz's thin tiered figure.

"Actually I was driving as Shehnaaz wasn’t feeling well. Shehnaaz amd Vihaan was sitting at backside. There was red light in traffic signal. When it turned yellow I started the engine but a bus hit the car from back and the car jumped 5 to 10 yards in front. I couldn’t proceed for some moment that what happened. I was totally numb. Then I turned back  and saw all the glasses were shuddered into pieces and Shehnaaz hand was heavily bleeding. " Hayat described the whole scenario and Sidharth was more scared for Shehnaaz now. He just wanted to hug her and hide her from the world.

"It’s a bliss that we are alive. " Hayat said keeping a hand on Sidharth's shoulder.

"Do you have any pain? " Sidharth asked lovingly checking Shehnaaz's temperature.

"Just neck and lower back. " Shehnaaz replied with closed eyes.

"Don’t worry. Doctor had injected pain killer. " Hayat said with a little smile seeing Sidharth's concern for her friend.

"Shehnaaz ye dekh tere liya maine mushroom soup orde...." Vihaan paused in middle seeing Sidharth sitting beside Shehnaaz holding her hand.

He blinked his eyes two to three times to make sure that what he saw was right and the plate on his hand fell breaking them into hundred pieces.