- 9 🌸

10:00 am

Shehnaaz woke up and switched on her phone and saw Sidharth call. So, she called him back instantly and he received on first ring.

After some regular talks Sidharth told her the incident occurred sometime ago. Shehnaaz was shocked and worried after knowing  about this as she knew how toxic this issue can be and how  enthusiastic Maham and Vihaan are. They would definitely spread this information with spices and weird rumors among other cousins. 

"Kya ase kase phone utha sakte hai?  Ap phone apne pass kyu nahi rakhte. Kahi bhi chor dete hai. Careless. " Shehnaaz scolded Sidharth knowing about Sidharth's careless behaviour for phone.

"Are you done with your scolding? " He asked getting up from bed.

"No. " she said angrily.

"Had your dinner? " after sometime she asked calmly

"Hmm.You also wake up and have your breakfast sweetheart " he said sweetly

Before Shehnaaz could say anything they was interrupt by Sidharth mom " Sidharth hume apse bat kuch jaroori bat karni hai. Time hai apke pass. " she asked formally making Sidharth take a deep breath knowing the topic

"I will call you later. " saying he cut the call and turn toward his mom nodding his head he asked her to continue.

"Sidharth tum bade ho gaye ho isiliye  tumhare baba tumhe kuch nahi kahte. Par mein chup nahi reh sakta. "
Sidharth interrupted her,  " ammi clearly kahiye kya hua?  "

"Kya hona baki reh gaya. Woo larki Dariya apke liye intezar kar rahi hai. vo pyaar karti hai apse. Ap nikah ke liye  na karne ke bad bhi vo  wait kar rahi hai aur ap.. " she paused. He didn’t reply  back letting her complete first.

"Apk affair kisi aur se hai janke vo tut jayegi. Ek larki ke ankho ke ansu apko kabhi khush nahi rehne degi.  Ap soche unki bare mein. Dariya achi larki hai. Ap use bachpan se jante ho vo apko bachpan se janta hai. Apk har pasand na pasand unhe pata hai. Aur vo larki apk sath do din rehke kya jan payegi apk bare mein. Dariya apko khush rakhe gi kyu ase apni jindegi tabah kar rahe hai ap. " Mrs. Shah prioritise  Dariya's feeling as she liked her

" Ammi first of all  mein abhi Nikkah nahi kar raha.  Secondly,  apko kese pata mein unhe do din se janti hu and unhe mere pasand na pasand nahi pata and ankho ke ansu kyu maine kabhi unhe nahi kaha ki mujhe unse nikah karna hai ya mein unse pyaar karta hu. Vo khud hi sab kuch samajh ke bathi hai. To ab  mein kya kru.  Mein unki feelings mein reciprocate  nahi kar sakta. " Mrs. Shah didn’t reply

"Ap unse mile unko jane fir dekhte hai.. " Mrs. Shah cut him off

"Hume nahi unhe jaroorat hein hume janne ki. " she said angrily

"Vo apko achese janti hai. " saying he walked out of the room making his Ammi more furious.

He went to terrace for fresh air. He was frustrated thinking  'why I let them know and now this drama is happening. '

He and Shehnaaz knew that something like this would happen if their family got to know about them and would  pressurize them to get married. That's why they decided to keep it secret from their family. They would tell them after pursuing their carrier or atleast after completing graduation. But suddenly everything messed up revealing half of the truth. As they say ' A half truth is more dangerous than a lie. ' it’s happening with them. They was stuck between the happenings and their decision. But they didn’t want to split the truth. So, they decided to keep patience.

15 DAYS LATER

Shehnaaz came back  Pakistan as her result would publish soon. She was a very good student still she was scared about her scores as she need a great score for admission in Cambridge University. Sidharth didn’t tell her about that conversation between him and his mom. He didn’t want to give her more stress as she was stressed for results.  He handled everything calmly and asked his family to never mention about his alliance with Dariya. He himself went to his mamujaan and asked to fix Dariya's alliance with their another cousin brother SAMI and not to wait for him as he was involved with someone. Sami was elder than Sidharth and a doctor. Dariya also agreed as Sidharth always showed least interest in her but Sami was always caring toward  her. So after  a week or so Dariya and Sami would tie the knot.

Islamabad, Pakistan

It’s night time everyone is sleeping peacefully except one person she is Shehnaaz. She was tensed about her results. She even skipped her dinner. Suddenly, she heard a knock on her door. She knew who it could be. She hurriedly opened the door and Sidharth quickly came in. Closing the door she turn around and saw Sidharth was holding a packed in his hand.

"What’s in the packet? " she asked pointing at the packet.

"It’s your favourite. Now guess what? " Sidharth stated and Shehnaaz gave him a puzzled look

"Don’t make me confuse and stop playing around. " Shehnaaz said in irritation

"Ok, sweetheart. Then you open it by yourself and see what's in it. " he forwarded the packet to her

"Mughlai Chicken Biriyani. " she exclaimed happily. Her eyes lighten up seeing her favorite biriyani

"Why do you skip your meals every time? " he asked sternly. She showed her puppy eyes to melt him.

"Now have this. " he added seeing her puppy eyes. He cannot stay angry with her. She always used to melt him like this.

"I am stressed about result. You know it is  publishing  tomorrow. " she said digging her spoon in biriyani

" You will do a great score. " he said adoring her

"Why are you still awake?  You have office tomorrow. " she asked forwarding a spoon full of biriyani to his mouth

"How could I sleep peacefully when you are stressed love  " he said having the biriyani she forwarded

She finished her dinner while talking with him and he confront her saying she will do great. After finishing dinner Sidharth took the packet from her and made her lay on bed

"Now sleep. Don’t stress yourself. Everything will be alright. Good nighr" saying he  kissed her forehead and covered her with duvet. Then he turned  off the  lights  and left from there to his room. After sometime Shehnaaz fell asleep.