Chapter 23: the mutant menace

I was on Leo's lap and he had his arms around me as we were watching a video.

/birthdays ruined. Parks destroyed. Museums vandalized. Tonight on Cybersleuth, I reveal the culprits. Beware the Mutant menace!\.

" Mutant Menace! Ohmigosh! They're talking about us!" Mikey freaked out.

" I can't believe we're getting blamed for this!" Leo exclaimed.

" to be fair, that all is kinda y'all's fault and sometimes along with me... just saying" I said.

" yeah...but virtually everything in there was somebody else's fault... I think" Leo tried to defend himself.

I kissed his cheek and then patted his head and got out of his lap.

Donnie scoffed " So unfair. Although it is a boost for my emotionally unavailable bad boy image. Yello".

I put sunglasses on his face and he smirked and did finger guns and I did the same.

Raph jumped in the conversation " look guys. I think this might be an opportunity to turn a dark cloud into a silver lining".

He pulled out a book " you fellas ever read this fine piece of literature?".

" horrible wolfie the harmless wolf pup?" Donnie read.

" yes, it's the touching story of a kid wolf who shows up at a town full of humans who all want to run him through with a pitchfork" raph said.

I snickered " a-and that's s-supposed to be touching?" I asked while trying to hold my laughter in about how casually he said that.

Raph continued the story " but wolfie didn't run away. He performed loving deeds for the hateful townfolk, and they welcomed him into their hearts! So that's what we'll do. We'll get in our giant tank and smash people in the face with good deeds!".

" Yeah! We are good-doers!" Mikey cheered.

" something about that story is just very sus" I shrugged.

" oh, this is gonna look great on my college application!" Donnie exclaimed.

" any votes for staying home during the anti-'mutant panic? No? Okay, leggo!" Leo said.

I groaned " this is gonna backfire real quickly".

Leo came back to me and picked me up and went to the tank.

————————————————————————

" now each time we do a good deed, we'll leave behind one of our friendly calling cards" Raph explained.

Mikey held up a card " this good deed brought to you by the 'Mutant Menace'. Winky face! Who wouldn't love this?".

I chuckled and rubbed his head and then we came to a stop, when a fire hydrant was having a water fall, so Donnie measured this and then blowtorched it.

I facepalmed.

A cat then wanted inside, to which Leo let him in, then we cleaned the road and created a new one.

" boys and Leslie, we're good doers. And what do good doers do? They good-do, and they good do it well!" Raph said.

I shook my head and Donnie rubbed his hands together " New York is going to adore us".

He turned on the news /in local news, a team of heartless pranksters dubbed the 'mutant menace evil winky face' are wreaking havoc across the city. We go live to unpaid E-reporter, Cybersleuth\.

/a fire rages. A canary flees for its life. A Maltese is trapped in concrete. What do these tragedies have in common? The horrible villains called the Mutant Menace!\ Cybersleuth said.