Chapter 22: Man vs sewer

I was spending the day with the turtles going sewer swimming and we were going to meet with Raph and he was... freaking out.

"All alone. Where are my brothers and Leslie? They said they'd be here".

He was all over the place and we were honestly kind of worried for him.

" uh oh, Donnie forgot to text Raph we were running late" Mikey scolded Donnie

Donnie chuckled " Oh, sweet, sweet Angelo, how soon you forget that today, I am on vacation. Hence, my board shorts: the international sign for I am not a useful member of society".

" we only left the guy alone for five minutes" Leo said.

" sides, we told him we had to find tubes" I said.

" this is a job for doctor delicate touch" Mikey said.

I nodded " for once, I agree".

He cleared his throat " GET YOUR MIND RIGHT, SON!" Mikey yelled.

Raph then yelled and fell in the water and Mikey then did a cannonball into the water.

" What took so long? You know Raph get weird when I'm left alone" Raph said.

" Relax. Did you get a tube?" Leo asked.

Raph pulled out a tube that looked a lot like the turtle tank's tires.

All except Donnie: Woah!

" where did you get that?" Donnie asked horrified.

" uh..." he was trying to come up with an answer so I whispered in his ear.

" borrowed it...from splinter?" He chuckled nervously but also taking my advice.

Donnie was skeptical " Splinter, who only owns tobes and a shady past, let you-".

Leo put a tube on him before he could finish that sentence and I shared a tube with Leo.

" Tube time!" Raph exclaimed.

" okay men and Leslie, New York's sewers are a dangerous and complex labyrinth-".

Mikey interrupted Donnie " Full of creatures and games and rides? This is going to be amazing!"

Donnie popped his bubble " what? No, Where do you think we are? Just take every left turn to stay on the lazy river, capisce?".

I nodded " you got it, Donnie" I put a thumbs up.

" Mad dogs, ahoy!" Raph exclaimed.

We floated for a bit and Leo sighed " ain't this the life, boys and hermosa? A day off from splinter's training to kick back and bask in the luxury of-".

" Dunk a roo!" Raph cannonballed onto us and that resulted to us falling into the water.

I was holding onto dear life on Leo's tubes.

Donnie groaned " cant you guys just do a sports pass with your smelly ball or something?"

" who you calling smelly? Lace face has been part of this family longer than you. Now, let's run the midnight special, boys and Leslie" Raph said.

Raph threw the ball to Mikey and Mikey threw the ball to me " Look alive, Leslie!".

I flew up and caught it and chuckled " passing to you, gaupo".

Leo rolled on his arms and smirked " and trick passing".

He threw it to Donnie who deflected it with his wrists " Sports!".

And Raph grinned bravely " I got it, I got it! Oh, yeah!" He caught it and we all cheered.

Raph then accident went down the sewer waterfall.