Chapter 15: Portal jacked

I was painting a relic boat with my uncle and humming along with him, until the door opened quickly, both spooking us.

It was Leo " Señor Hueso, leslie, you gotta help me" as he loved me up.

I pat his head " anything for you" I winked and he smirked.

Uncle Don cleared his throat " certainly. I will begin by teaching you how to leave. Bye-bye".

I glared at him and he shrugged his shoulders, " but this is an emergency. You won't believe what happened" Leo said.

He told us the story of how his brothers wanted to get to a pizza place before it closed and Leo decided to portal them, but... he was the only one to come out " I came out fine, but when they came out, they didn't come out. My brothers are gone.".

" Ah, this sounds like a classic case of porthole jacking" My uncle said.

Leo chuckled " uh, duh".

I raised a brow " you don't know what it is... do you?".

He chuckled " ahh... not a clue, what's porthole jacking?".

I sighed " well, My sweet boyfriend, hidden city pirates can steal the contents of a portal".

My uncle continued " especially if the portal maker is, shall we say..." " lame" I finished for him.

He nodded his head and Leo chuckled " you'll have plenty more chances to zing me while you help me find my brothers. Vámonos!" He put the boat in a suitcase kinda crushing it.

Uncle Don sighed " while I would love to help my favorite customer, you're not him" he pointed to Todd's pic.

" And I do not go to the hidden city. Look on the bright side: you'll get used to the crushing loneliness".

I scoffed " come on, Uncle".

Leo also scoffed " Ugh, look, bone man. My brothers and I buy enough pizza to put Hueso, Jr., through bone college. Have you seen our frequent buyer card?".

" pleeeaaase, uncle" I gave him the puppy dog eyes.

He sighed " fine. I will show the way to the hidden city, but my help ends there, and you sappy couply talk while we're going".

We winked at each other and we went out of the house, building type thing and opened the trash.

" the hidden city is in the trash?" Leo asked.

" there are many doorways, but this one fits you best" Uncle Don said.

He pulled a lever out of the trash chute and all the trash bags went down and opened a gateway"

I chuckled " I always love it when that happens".

Leo smiled " sweet, in we go".

" No, no, I am not—wha" Uncle Don was pulled by Leo into the chute and I followed after them.

We landed on the ground and the place looked amazing, " woah, who's your architect, Frank Lloyd Gargoyle?" Leo asked.

" You fool! You should not have brought me!" Uncle don freaked out.

" Halt! Hidden city police!" The Hidden city police said.

They took a look at one of us " Hueso? How dare you show your skull here. We're taking you in!" One of them charged at us.

" No, no, no, no, no, no." Uncle Don hid.