Chapter 22

After finding the mask they want Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning went back to the burial mound. The two want to see of their vegetables or herb or other fruit is growing well without them around.

"It look like the plant, vegetable, fruit and herb are doing well. Ying ge, why don't we stay home for a while?" Wei Wuxian nodded his head, 'home, sound perfect. This place is our home.'

The two of them went to their own room. Wei Wuxian went into his cave while Wen Ning went into his house.

That night, Wei Wuxian watch as puppet attack the Lan clan and the Yunmeng clan, 'no matter how much you try to fight against them. More will take there place. I know that the Lan clan will let me enter into their ancestors hall, as for Jiang Cheng. He is a hard headed person, he won't let a stranger to enter into his family ancestors without knowing who they are. If he deny my help, then is up to him to fight those puppet then.'

The next few weeks or so Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning enjoy their time in the burial mound. The harvest the vegetables, herb, fruit and other thing around them, "Well done A-Ning. How about we take them into town to sell them? This time let's get a proper stall, this way we can sell our harvest."

"Okay Ying ge!"

So the two of them end up making a stall for their vegetables, herb,fruits and other things. When they are done, they went into town. By the time when the sun is about to go down, Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning end up selling almost all of their thing on their stall.

"This time you did better then last time A Ning," hearing Wei Wuxian said this Wen Ning blushed, "that was my first time selling something on the street. But that was a lesson to learn." The two laugh as they head back to the burial mound.

On the next day, Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning got ready to head straight to Gusu. They put on their mask, a cloak and a voice changing talisman, this way the Lan clan won't recognize their voice.

Once they arrive in Gusu, they place is abandoning, "no one is around, no one is opening their shop," Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning can feel eye on them, even behind their black veil.

"Qionglin, let's head up to cloud Recesse," Wen Ning is surprise to hear Wei Wuxian calling his courtesy name. Wei Wuxian can feel Wen Ning eye on him, "Is the only way, I can't call you by your birth name while we are in Gusu." Wen Ning nodded his head in agreement.

When the two arrive at the gate, they see puppet surrounding the gate. So they went to take down the puppet. Wei Wuxian pull out his sword from behind his back, he slash through the puppet one after another.

Wen Ning punch, kick, and throw the puppet down the mountain. The two cleared the pathway one at a time since there is more puppet coming toward them. Once they got to the gate Wei Wuxian did what he did in the past, he write a talisman in the air and then he push it through the shield. Butterfly came out and break the shield, "Qionglin!"

Wen Ning nodded his head, with one kick of the last puppet he rush into the gate. Once Wen Ning is in, Wei Wuxian close up the gate with a stronger shield for the Lan clan. The two watch as the puppet pound on the shield, "whose there?" Wen Ning look at Wei Wuxian who nodded his head.

Wen Ning went to stand in front of Wei Wuxian, he soon see Lan Qiren, Lan Xichen, Lan Wangji, Lan Sizhui and the Lan disciple all gather around Wen Ning and Wei Wuxian.

"We mean no harm, sect leader Lan. We don't want to break your Lan clan shield, we need to come in, so that we can talk to you. As you can see my gongzi already fix it for you," Lan Xichen look behind Wen Ning, "If I may ask, what are your name?"

"I am sorry, my gongzi and I can't tell you our name. If we do, you will sent people to look for us. I am not trying to be rude here Sect leader Lan but this isn't the time to ask us for our name. We came here to help your clan, will you let us in?" Wen Ning asked in a calm voice.

"How will you help us?" Wen Ning sigh, "Let me ask you this, did Jin Guangyao put some kind of talisman inside of your clan and the people in Gusu?" This shock the whole Lan clan.

"How did you know? Do you know where it is?" Lan Qiren asked Wen Ning.

"Yes, I know where it is. My gongzi can burn the talisman from all direction with only one place."

"And that place will be?" Lan Xichen is curious at where could it be.

"The Lan clan ancestors hall."

"What?!" Came Lan Qiren loud, angry tone of voice. "No one is allow in there. How did Jin Guangyao get inside?" Lan Xichen understand now, "it is my fault for giving him the Jade token. He come into cloud Recesse without anyone knowing about it."

"Now will you take us there? My gongzi want to finish this fast."

"Come," all of the Lan disciple make way from Wen Ning and Wei Wuxian to follow their leader. Wei Wuxian make sure to stick close to Wen Ning since he doesn't want to be anywhere near Lan Wangji.

'Been back here.....just bring back bad memories. I just need to finish this fast. This way, we can leave Cloud Recesse and head to Yunmeng.'

They finally arrive at the Lan clan ancestors hall, Wen Ning turn to look at Lan Xichen. "Sect leader Lan, no matter what, I mean it no matter what please don't open the door or interrupt us. My gongzi need to concentrate, so please don't open the door."

"I understand, if you and your gongzi need anything please let us know," Wen Ning gave a bow, the two of them walk into the Lan clan ancestors hall and then he closed the door behind them.

"Xiong zhang, do you trust them?" Asked a concern Lan Wangji. "Wangji, we need their help, our town need their help. We can't let this go on any longer." Lan Wangji sigh, he turn to look at the door that lead to his family ancestors hall.

From inside of the Lan ancestors hall Wen Ning and Wei Wuxian take off their mask, "A-Ning, put the lock talisman on the door. We can't let them come burst in here."

Wen Ning went to do just that. When he is done, he came back over to where Wei Wuxian is at. "Gongzi," Wei Wuxian nodded his head. "Where?" Wen Ning pointed at the pole in the middle. "It went from there, all around here, out to the clan building and down to the town."

Wei Wuxian went to stand in front of Lan clan ancestors, he gathered a big amount of resentment energy in the palm of his hand. When there is a big resentment energy ball is hovering above Wei Wuxian hand, he slammed his hand down on the floor and soon the resentment energy spread throughout the Lan clan and down into Caiyi town.

Wei Wuxian concentrate on controlling the resentment energy to go destroy every spiritual luring talisman all around Cloud Recesse and Caiyi town.

When the sun goes down, that is when Wei Wuxian stand back up, "Gongzi," Wen Ning help Wei Wuxian up. The two put their mask back on, along with the voice talisman.

After straightening up, Wen Ning opening the door, "it is done. Your town and clan should be safe now."

"Sect leader!" Lan Xichen, Lan Wangji and Lan Qiren turn around to see one of their Lan disciple heading toward them, "what is it?" Lan Xichen asked his disciple.

Seeing that the Lan clan isn't pay any attention to them, Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning disappear into the darkness.

"There is no more puppet around our clan or around Caiyi town." All three Lan turn back around to said something to Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning, only to find that there is no one behind them.

"They are gone. Who are they anyway?" A question without a answer.