Chapter 17

After many day of trying to find Wei Wuxian, the Lan disciple, Jin Ling, and Zizhen all went back to their own clan. While flying back to Gusu Jingyi asked, "I wonder who was it that help Jin Ling clan? Even Sect leader Nie clan doesn't have anymore puppet around their town."

"Your right Jingyi. The only clan left that have puppet is our clan, Jiang clan, Yao clan and Zizhen clan. I hope Zizhen arrive home safely."

Lan Wangji know that it is Wei Wuxian who is doing this, 'But why won't you show yourself? Why won't you let me find you? It is my fault for fallen to Jin Guangyao and Su She manipulation. Please just let me apologize to you.'

Once they all arrive at Cloud Recesse, Lan Xichen is waiting for them. "Zewu Jun," the Lan disciple greeted Lan Xichen. Lan Wangji also gave a bow to his brother but then he walk away from there.

"Any luck on finding Wei Wuxian?" Lan Xichen asked while looking at the retreat of his little brother.

"No, we couldn't find Wei Qianbei anywhere. But, wherever we go all of the town in different area is peaceful. There is no puppet around them, not even in the wood." Sizhui tell Lan Xichen what they have seen on their travel while searching for Wei Wuxian.

"That's not all," Lan Xichen turn his attention to Jingyi, "We saw one of the town forest that got destroyed by someone. We even found talisman inside of all the tree that got knock down."

"Talisman inside of the tree? What kind of talisman?" Lan Xichen asked.

Sizhui take out the talisman from inside of his sleeves, he gave it to Lan Xichen to look at it. 'This is Jin Guangyao handwriting. It look like Wei Wuxian but is not his. How did he manage to write something like this unless?' "Thank you Sizhui. I will keep this. I need to do research on it until then. Everyone go get a good rest."

When everyone is gone Sizhui turn to look at Lan Xichen, "Huan Shushu, Fuqin." Lan Xichen sigh, "Let's give your father sometime to be by himself. Since everyone is tire from their journey to search for Wei Wuxian, we will continue the search some other time. Other clan leader is helping out as well, we should all wait to see if they find him or not, okay?"

Sizhui nodded his head, "go get some rest A-Yuan," with a bow to Lan Xichen, he left from there.

Lan Xichen look down at the talisman in his hand, 'if Jin Guangyao put these talisman into the tree then......' he turn to look at his home, 'Then where did he put them. I need to find a way to get the talisman out of the building structure. But how? I don't even know where it is. I need to go tell Shifu about this,' with that last thought Lan Xichen went to find his uncle.

Lan Xichen found Lan Qiren in his room, "Shifu," Lan Xichen bow to his uncle, "come in Xichen." Lan Xichen walk in, he went to sit down in the other side of the table facing Lan Qiren.

"I heard that Wangji is back. Did he find Wei Wuxian?" Lan Xichen shook his head no.

"Not only did they can't find Wei Wuxian, they found this," Lan Xichen take the talisman from inside of his clothes, he put it on the table for Lan Qiren to see.

"A talisman?"

"Not just any talisman but this look like a spirit luring talisman."

"Spirit luring talisman? Is it Wei Wuxian?" Lan Xichen shook his head no. "This hand writing belong to Jin Guangyao. Wei Wuxian would never do something like this."

"Jin Guangyao? When did he do this?"

Lan Xichen sigh, " I don't know Shifu. He must have went around the cultivation world and other sect leader clan and put it in the town and clan." Then come a knock on Lan Qiren door, "come in."

Lan Wangji open the door, he enter into the room, "Shifu, Xiong zhang," he gave a bow to Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren, "come sit Wangji." Lan Wangji went to sit down next to his brother.

"Wangji, do you know why there is a spirit luring talisman inside of a tree?"  Lan Xichen asked his didi.

Lan Wangji shook his head no, "There is one thing that Ouyang Zizhen said during our search for Wei Ying," this got Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren to look at each other and then back to Lan Wangji.

"What did he said?" Lan Qiren asked.

"He said that each day, there is more puppet every single day. This spirit luring talisman is luring those puppet to our clan and the town."

"So are you saying that somewhere within our clan and town, there is spirit luring talisman inside the building structure?" Lan Wangji nodded his head.

"How can we find them?" Lan Wangji shook his head at his brother questioning.

"All I can know is that since this is Jin Guangyao doing, only Wei Ying know where to look. But?" Lan Qiren and Lan XichenXichen sigh, "You can't find him anywhere?" Lan Wangji nodded his head.

"Xichen any word on Sect leader Jiang side?" Lan Xichen also shook his head no. "Sect leader Jiang is also dealing with the puppet around Yunmeng town and the Jiang clan, he can't even go to find Wei Wuxian."

"Xiong zhang, I want to continue to look for Wei Ying. I realized that every town we went too. There is no puppet around the town or the forest, I am sure that Wei Ying has been to some of these town."

"Alright but since you just got back, you need to rest first," Lan Wangji nodded his head.

The three continue to examine the talisman on the table, "we need to figure out where the talisman is within our clan structure and the town structure as well."

"I will let the other clan know."

"Xiong zhang, have you been in contact with Nie Huaisang?" Lan Xichen shook his head no, "Why Wangji?"

"Jin Ling said that when he left his clan to meet up with Sizhui, he see that there is puppet in the town and near his clan. Then one of the Jin disciple came to tell Jin Ling that there is no more puppet near the town or near the clan. When he left once more he see them outside of the area, when he went back all of the puppet was gone."

"All of them is gone?" Lan Wangji nodded his head.

"Then do you think is the same for Huaisang town and clan?" Lan Wangji gave a nod to Lan Xichen question.

"Then I will send a message to Huaisang to see how his clan is doing? I'm also worry about him. Da Ge isn't here. He has to take over as sect leader," with that last saying, Lan Xichen got up and went to his room to write a letter to Nie Huaisang.