39

"So I was thinking, what if we date?"

Ji Li's sudden remake caught everybody off guard.

Zhu Zanjin's face went red, "What the fuck, dude!?"

The younger Beta frowned, "You complain about being single all the damn time! So I thought if we date, you wouldn't feel single!"

The older Beta was very red, blushing so goddamn hard. His heart was basically screaming at him to calm the fuck down, but how could he!? His best friend just straight up said those things! And not just in front of him. There were three other people with them and they were staring at them with wide eyes, incredibly dumbfounded.

"You're the one who complains about being single! I never said anything! Don't blame this on me!" Zanjin grabbed a book off the table and started to hit the younger who groaned at the pain.

Ji Li smacked the book away from him, "It was just a suggestion! Chill out, bro!"

The older Beta huffed in embarrassment, crossing his arms and closing his eyes. He suggested them to date and then called him bro!?

Ji Li rolled his eyes, secretly laughing at his friend's face. The man was so embarrassed and it was making him laugh.

Meng Ziyi shook her head, laughing out loud at their interaction. Those two never fail to keep the atmosphere between their friend group cheery. It surprised her how they could keep it up, but she was glad to have friends like them.

Wang Yibo let out a few giggles, not knowing why the younger Beta randomly decided to say that suggestion when they were in a middle of doing their assignments.

Wang Zhuocheng was smiling at them. However, his smile wasn't as bright and joyful as before. Those who didn't know him very well would say he was the same, but those who paid close attention to him would know he wasn't feeling all that great.

Yibo's eyes got pretty tired from all the reading, so he decided to relax them a bit and looked around the room, seeing the students, freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors going around, looking at books and borrowing. There were also many groups of students sitting at the tables which the library provided. TU University's library was a huge one. There were many aisles, many tables and a whole lot collection of books. He was just staring aimlessly before he spotted someone sitting with his friend group. His eyes saddened when he saw the man's face, the dark circles under his eyes caught the Omega's attention the most.

Gu Wei didn't look too good.

Yibo inwardly sighed, knowing he was the one who caused this. If he accepted him, then the senior wouldn't be in this state he was currently in. But he couldn't accept him. He already found the love of his life and accepting the senior would make him a cheater. Moreover, he never had any feelings for him.

He pulled his vision away from him and spotted another person in the crowd. Even though she was surrounded by many students, her beauty stood out and he could easily recognize who she was. The lady had her usual senior uniform on, and instead of her dark brown hair being tied into a high ponytail, she let it down, the ends curling up. She had light makeup on and her glossy pink lips were stretched into a sweet smile.

Xuan Lu were talking with her friends when she felt a pair of eyes on her. She turned to her right and her smile got wider, her upper teeth showing. She excused herself and walked towards the eyes who were staring at her.

Yibo internally panicked. She wasn't coming this way, was she? Oh fuck, now he had to explain to his friends how he met her.

She made it to his table and placed her hand on the Omega's head, ruffling his blue hair, chuckling when she earned a small huff from the younger for messing up his hair.