34

"Just go up and confess, you dipshit!"

Gu Wei denied, "I can't! What if he doesn't like me back?"

The same person rolled his eyes, "You won't know if you don't confess. Gu Wei, I'm tired of seeing you admire him from afar. It's about damn time!"

The Alpha looked at his friend with widened eyes, feeling a sense of heat rushing through him, "I can't confess, Li Jun."

"And why not?" Li Jun, his best friend, crossed his arms with a frown, "Weiwei, it's been months! Is it that hard to confess to him?"

"Yes, it is! I'm not you! You literally confessed to your girlfriend after knowing each other for three weeks!"

The other Alpha huffed, "You're confessing to him today and that's final. You've been single for too long. Getting rejected is better than hurting in silence thinking that he'll never like you. But we don't know yet. So just find a right time to pour your heart out!"

Gu Wei received a pat on his shoulder as he looked at his friend who plastered on a smile. He sighed, "Fine. If I get rejected, then I blame you."

Li Jun laughed, "I'll get you your favorite ice cream flavor if that happens which I doubt it would."

Gu Wei took a deep breath and toughened himself up, "Here goes nothing." He then went into the library where his target was.

🥀✨🥀✨🥀

The first day back after the week off wasn't that bad. It was fun to see all his friends again and they each told about what their week was like back in their hometown.

Wang Zhuocheng was trying his best to be his usual self, but it was quite hard after what his week turned into. He didn't let that get to him and just spent his time studying and chatting with his group of friends, trying not to be suspicious. Thankfully, none of them caught on except for Wang Yibo, whom he hadn't told what happened yet.

Time went by and lunch came, Wang Yibo excusing himself to go to the library where he would meet up with his study buddy. It had been quite long since he saw him and was pretty excited. When he looked at his phone, his eyes widened. He was late! 15 minutes late! He cursed at himself because he was distracted with texting his boyfriend earlier that he forgot to check the time.

And so he ran through the hallways. And being his clumsy self, he accidentally bumped into someone. How many times had this happened? This was so cliché.

"I'm so sorry, Senior!" He apologized to the girl who was wearing a blue uniform, indicating she was a senior.

"It's fine," The girl smiled sweetly at him, "Are you in a hurry?"

"Yes. I'll be going now! Sorry again, Senior!" He grinned and ran away.

The girl looked at him as he ran away, her friends coming to her.

"Is it just me or do you two look pretty similar to each other?" One of her friends stated, putting a hand on her hip.

"He could be a male version of our Xuan Lu!" Another joined in, chuckling at her own joke.

Xuan Lu rolled her eyes, "Let's just go get some lunch."

The others agreed and as they walked way, Xuan Lu spotted something on the floor. It was a keychain. Before the man went away, she noticed he had a keychain stuck onto his shoulder bag. So it must've fell down somehow.