12

A few weeks had passed since Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan talked to each other. It was now the 5th of August. Although they had each other's numbers, none had the courage to text the other, feeling somewhat nervous.

The freshman knew the senior was busy with his classes and most importantly, he was the Vice President after all. He would have a lot on his hands, so the freshman didn't bother to text him. He wanted to, but he couldn't.

"Happy birthday, Yibo!" Wang Zhuocheng happily cheered as he tackled his friend in a big hug, almost causing the two to fell down.

Yibo was taken aback by the hug and didn't move. Rather, he was too shocked to move.

The two of them were in the classroom when lunch break came around and didn't bother to move, so they stayed together in the classroom. He assumed the other three had gone out, but he didn't realize they were actually hiding behind a desk to set something up.

Suddenly his three other friends came to him and he saw Meng Ziyi holding up a cake with three candles on top with the words writing in green frosting, Happy Birthday, Wang Yibo.

"Happy birthday, Yibo!" Zhu Zanjin smiled as he patted the man's shoulders.

"You're turning 19!" Ji Li put his hands up with a big smile.

"You already told us you were 19 when we first met, but that doesn't stop us from giving you this birthday." Zhuocheng giggled, arms still wrapping around the silent guy.

"We also brought presents!" Ji Li and Zanjin exclaimed in unison, their smiles never leaving their faces.

"Quick, make a wish and blow out the candles." Ziyi hurried, very excited for this.

Upon receiving no responses, the four got surprised and extremely nervous thinking they did something wrong.

They talked with each other through their eyes before Zhuocheng felt the other's head landing on his shoulder. He heard small sniffles and pulled away to see the younger crying. Tears feeling up his eyes and falling down his cheeks.

"Yibo?" Zhuocheng didn't know what to feel seeing his friend cry, "Don't cry."

"Why did you.. d-do this?" Yibo mumbled, stuttering up his words as he chocked up a few more tears.

"Aww baby~" Ji Li pouted and gave him a hug from behind.

"Because you're our friend, of course." Ziyi replied in a low tone.

"But.. we've only met a couple of.. weeks ago."

"That doesn't matter. The five us got close pretty easily. We could even be considered as best friends at this point." Zanjin responded, crossing his arms.

Yibo cried harder as he said that. They only knew each other a few weeks ago, and yet they were doing a thing like this. How come his family, which knew him ever since he was born, never did something like this? They never celebrated his birthday. They didn't even care. Maybe they even forgot when he was born. Even he himself almost forgot the day he was born.

"Now stop with the tears and give me a smile, okay sweetie?" Zhuocheng cooed at him and received a small slap on his chest from the younger, making him laugh.

"Care to make a wish and blow out the candles?"

Yibo wiped his tears and looked at Ziyi, "Do I.. have to make a wish?"

The other four nodded, feeling more excited than the birthday boy himself.

The younger just smiled and did as he was told. After blowing the candles, his smile widened as the other cheered again.