Ch. 48 - The Sweetest Gift

Start from the beginning

Not to mention, we would have our hands full with being godparents.

As my thoughts continued to wander, I slowly moved a bit closer to Sergey, my body facing his. I smiled while my hand reached behind to touch the skin on the back of my neck. Even though I could not see the new tattoo, I knew every inch of the design that was freshly decorated upon my skin.

Instead of Aleksandr's mafia insignia, I now had Sergey's family crest.

The process had been painful, but worth it.

After lasering off most of Aleksandr's insignia, Sergey held my hand while his family's crest was etched onto my skin. Now, instead of a key and sword, there was an arrow and a beautiful winged creature adorning the back of my neck.

Last week, I had been able to finally remove the bandage and I could not stop looking at it.

Of course, being the type of man that he was, Sergey would tease me every time he caught me staring at myself in the mirror. But there was no mistaking the immense pride as well as the possessive glint I found in his grey eyes whenever he looked at my neck.

Though I may not have been legally married to Sergey, according to him, having his emblem on my skin meant that we were bound together, for life.

Not that I would have had it any other way; Sergey was mine and I was his and I looked forward to spending the rest of my life with him. The tattoo did not change anything for me where my relationship with Sergey was concerned.

The only difference was that now the entire mafia world knew.

Refocusing my attention back to the sleeping man in front of me, I felt my smile widening even more, to the point that my cheeks began to hurt.

Yes, Sergey would be turning forty-one soon, and though I may not be ready to have his children right this very moment, I already knew that I would make him a father before he was fifty.

Was I worried that he would be too old? No, because I knew that whatever years he gave our children, they would be amazing.

Some people would argue that I should get a younger man to settle down with. But let us be real, nothing in life is certain and being a younger parent would not guarantee having a long life with their children.

At one point society argued that women over thirty-five should not have children. However, we now had more than enough evidence that older women could have just as successful pregnancies if not even more so.

At the end of the day, we needed to do what was best for us and not worry about what society would think.

All I knew what that I was madly in love with Sergey and his were the only children I wanted to carry. Whoever had a problem with that could fuck off, or as Sergey would say, they could take it up with his gun.

Unable to hold back any longer, I moved my fingers towards his face and gently traced a line down the side of his jaw, enjoying the feel of his low stubble beard.

No sooner than I had touched him, Sergey's eyes popped open. However, his face immediately relaxed when he saw me staring at him and the slow smile he gave me made my heart flutter.

"Good morning, gorgeous..."

The raspy sound of his voice had me briefly closing my eyes while he pulled me into him, my arms quickly hugging him to me.

"Are you ready for today?" I asked while he buried his face into my neck.

He grumbled against me, "You mean having to help Aleksandr and Vincent keep Dominic calm while his child is being born? Not really..."