Ch. 40 - Fighting For You

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"You made a promise,
I'm not about to make you a liar."

- Sergey
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 40 - Fighting For You

▪️N A T A S H A▪️

Today was one of the worst days ever.

It had been about four weeks since Sergey came back from the Bahamas and things between us had been absolutely amazing. I had missed him so much and from the moment we had been reunited, we did not leave each other's side for that first weekend after he came back, and the sex had been nothing short of phenomenal.

Not to mention just being able to be around him, to feel his arms wrapped around me while he held me, was something that I realised I had become addicted to.

Where our relationship was concerned, Sergey and I were at the point where we basically did not care if people saw us whenever we were in public together. Even though we had been caught holding hands on more than one occasion, we still had not confirmed our relationship.

Of course, that was all because of me.

I desperately wanted to tell the world about my relationship, but the secrecy of what we had going on had been so alluring. I enjoyed having Sergey all to myself and for the time being, even though I wanted to tell people about us, I was just not ready to share what we had with anyone else, not even Jade and Litizia.

Although, honestly speaking, I was getting close to just exposing our entire relationship because what Sergey made me feel should not be hidden. Even if a small part of me wanted to keep what we had just between us.

Where my escorting services were concerned, I had not taken a job since Sergey returned, much to his delight. He even spoke with Aleksandr, telling the Russian mafia boss that I would no longer be doing such, as I would be pursuing other things.

In my free time, I had been working on decorating the new building, my mind still in a daze that I would be teaching dance classes soon. Litizia and Jade had been so excited for me, their encouraging words and support helping to keep me going whenever my self-doubt reared its ugly head.

Everything in my life was going great, that was, until today.

My eyes watered some more while I stared at the mobile phone on the floor, my back pressed against the wall as I crouched into a corner. Even though the call had ended over half an hour ago, I was still shaking, my eyes never once leaving the black device that lay on the carpet.

I had gotten a call from someone I had not expected to ever hear from again.

A part of me was elated that she was still alive. But another part only felt dread, knowing what that had meant and the consequences attached to it.

Tania was her name.

We met when Joseph had taken me, and as an eleven-year-old, it was not hard to imagine just how scared I had been to have been taken away from my family. Tania was five years older than me, but had seemed so much wiser beyond her years. Even though we were prisoners, there was always a radiance about her that Joseph and his men could never dampen, even though they tried.

It had not taken long for Tania and I to become best friends.

I had always admired her smooth dark skin and her big curly afro that she would spend most of her free time tending to, while telling me stories about her homeland. Tania had been lured away from her village in Brazil with the promise of being a child actress.