Ch. 48 - The Sweetest Gift

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"There's always time for a quickie..."

- Sergey
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Ch. 48 - The Sweetest Gift

▪️N A T A S H A▪️

The next two and a half months went by faster than expected.

Glancing at the digital clock on the bedside table, I noted that it was just after six in the morning. Sitting up, I yawned and stretched, my eyes turning to look at the way the sunlight peeked through the curtains of our master bedroom.

With a smile, I glanced down at the sleeping man next to me.

Sergey was so handsome and I particularly enjoyed the rare times when I would wake first, allowing me to watch him while he slumbered. It was not very often that I got to witness Sergey with his guard completely down.

From the peaceful expression etched across his facial features, one would never assume the chaos this man could invoke with the simple flick of a finger. Just thinking about the immense power he wielded caused my body to shiver with excitement. For as dangerous and lethal as Sergey was, I knew that he would never hurt me and would do everything possible to keep me safe.

My eyes slowly lowered to trail over his partially naked body.

Sergey tended to sleep on his stomach with his hands stuffed under the pillow where there was usually some form of weapon hidden. His breathing was slow and even, and I could not help but stare at his long dark lashes fanning against his cheek.

"It should be a crime for men to have such long lashes..." I mumbled with slight envy.

The tips of my fingers itched to reach out and touch the exposed tattoos on the bare skin of his torso, contemplating if to lower the sheets. But I wanted to watch him sleep, even if just for a few moments longer.

There was no denying that Sergey would give me beautiful children.

Speaking of babies...

Litizia was pregnant with freaking twins at that!

My smile broadened remembering when she had confided in me last week. I could tell that something was wrong and when I had asked and Litizia blurted out that she was pregnant. From the look on her face, I figured that she had not meant to tell me, but she had been glad that she did as now she had someone other than Viktor to talk to about it.

I swore to keep her secret and could not wait for her to tell Aleksandr, I just knew that the Russian mafia boss would be ecstatic. 

With Jade's son, Aurelio, scheduled to be delivered via C-section today and Litizia's twins being born within the next few months, the idea of their children growing up together made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I had to admit that I may have been feeling a bit of baby fever and even though Sergey may not have openly voiced it, I knew that he wanted to be a father.

Not that I blamed him. 

After all, Sergey was eighteen years older and only being twenty-two myself, I was not as eager as he was. I wanted nothing more than to have Sergey's children, but mentally, I really was not ready and I was glad that Sergey did not put any pressure on me whatsoever. 

I wanted to enjoy my time with Sergey for a few years and experience more things before we had children. Although according to him, he would be happy if it just ended up being the two of us.