Ch. 45 - A Great Divide

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"What in the ever-loving fuck
is going on here?"

- Dominic
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 45 - A Great Divide

▪️N A T A S H A▪️

The last two months were interesting to say the least.

Sergey and I were now an official couple and everyone knew about our relationship. However, given the world we lived in, things were never quiet for long and soon after the incident with Patel, there had been some issues concerning Michele Lombardo back in Detroit.

Since Litizia had not been able to infiltrate his organisation to work undercover for him, Jade had gone up with a small team to do some snooping of her own. Seeing as Michele was still bitter about Litizia marrying Aleksandr and with Patel's sudden disappearance within Aelbank City, Jade wanted to make sure that Michele was indeed staying out off trouble.

As a result, I had not seen much of her over the last few weeks.

Which I was so thankful for because my God, the questions she would ask were as invasive as they were inquisitive. Jade, much like everyone else, was very happy for me. But, given the petty rivalry she had with Sergey, she could not help but check up on me almost daily, making sure that I was being treated well while also threatening his life.

Though she could often be pushy and overbearing, there was nothing I would change about Jade. She was protective of those she loved, and I was grateful for how much she cared about me.

I was standing in front of the mirror wall in my dance school.

Ever since Sergey had brought up the idea of me having my own school, I had been putting aside time, getting private dance lessons. If I was going to be teaching ballet, I wanted to make sure that I still had the correct form.

After formally handing in my resignation to Aleksandr, I had officially opened my dance school last week. 

Interestingly enough, before the school itself had been opened, all of my classes were already booked. Though I may not have been dancing on a big stage in Paris, I found that I loved teaching just as much as performing. In time, I planned to hire more staff as for now, I only taught small groups, starting from ages four and up. 

There was even a ballet class just for boys and I had been surprised by how quickly those slots had filled as well.

With my eyes focused on my reflection, I worked on some choreography.

My mornings were usually free, so I tended to spend that time running errands. Once those were completed, I liked to spend at least an hour exercising, keeping myself fit, which surprise, surprise, was in the form of dancing. It was so easy to just get lost in the movements, so it was no wonder I had named my dance school Lost In Motion, which I found to be quite fitting.

During the next two hours, I got lost in the music, but the sudden ringing of my phone pulled me from my trance.

Glancing at the time, I frowned slightly before pausing the music. I then quickly grabbed the device and upon seeing Litizia's name flashing on the screen, I immediately picked up.

"Zia? Is everything alright?"

"No! I'm joining Jade into the call now."

The sound of her frantic voice immediately put me on high alert and when Jade answered, Litizia proceeded to tell us something that had my jaw dropping. Apparently, Aleksandr had asked her to go get him something from his desk, purposefully sending her to look into a drawer that contained divorce papers in it.