Ch. 8 - Bustier Mind Fuck

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"That's right, keep rolling your eyes,
maybe you'll be able to find that
fucking brain of yours!"

- Aleksandr
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 8 - Bustier Mind Fuck

▪️S E R G E Y▪️

Watching Dominic Calvetti make out with his wife in the middle of my birthday party caused me to cringe internally.

"Damn..." I muttered.

"Jealous?" Aleksandr asked in a low teasing voice.

Scoffing, I responded, "Of what? Them? Fuck no!"

"I don't believe you."

"Not my problem!" I replied and finished the rest of my drink.

As the alcohol warmed my insides, I placed the empty glass on the high-table before walking a few feet away to momentarily put some distance between me and everyone else. With my back towards the party, I leaned forward against the balcony railing looking out at the ocean, enjoying the sounds of the waves crashing against the rocks below.

"Come on Seryozha, don't be like that..." Aleksandr said quietly, coming to stand next to me.

"Like what? Annoyed? Can you blame me? I mean instead of drinking and having a good time at my own birthday party, I've been stuck between you and Dominic all night. He's been making scary googly eyes at his wife and you've been doing a less obvious version of that with your soon-to-be wife."

"I was not making googly eyes at Litizia!"

Turning to look at my best friend, I laughed, "Uh huh."

Aleksandr frowned slightly, trying to turn the tables, he fired back, "What about you? Don't act like you haven't been staring at Natasha when you think no one's looking. You know, your usual thing."

In reply, I huffed and rolled my eyes at him.

"That's right, keep rolling your eyes, maybe you'll be able to find that fucking brain of yours! I swear, it's like you want to be miserable," he said.

"What are you talking about?"

"Natasha likes you and I know that you–"

"Don't!" I hissed, the tone in my voice letting him know to drop the subject.

Aleksandr sighed, his eyes staring intently into mine.

"No Sasha, you don't get to judge me right now," I stated, my voice soft as I continued, "not when you're the one who's so fucked that you're practically blinded."

"Me? How?"

The sound of something mixed between a grunt and a chuckle escaped me, "You're so captivated by Litizia and you've yet to even kiss her!"

"You sound jealous..." Aleksandr uttered in a low voice.

Running my tongue over my teeth, I replied, "Perhaps, but either way, just know that I'm happy for you."

"Ser–"

"Go talk to your fiancée, Aleksandr, and stay out of my business! It's my birthday, you have to do as I command."

With glare, he muttered and called me an ass, "Zhopa..."

I grinned and watched while he walked away from me and made his way towards where Litizia was sitting. When they walked to a corner to talk then soon disappeared inside, I could not help but look back at Natasha who was now sitting by herself.