Epilogue

The invasion was finally over, Wakanda had once again shown the world why it wasn't to be fucked with. King M'baku had those still alive in the battle but let Okoye decide the fate of her husband.

"Okoye please, I did all of this for you!"

He exclaimed and Okoye looked sad for a moment before her regular stern cold nature came back.

"Well consider this a divorce."

Okoye said before slugging W'kabi across the face knocking him out.

"That's one way to end things."

I said watching all of this from the sidelines with Tyrell and Enwo.

"Let him rot in the cells."

Okoye spat before walking off.

The aftermath clean up took a few weeks, those who died were given to their loved ones. I helped give families closure by bringing back their dead family members to say their final goodbyes which they really appreciated. I've noticed a shift in how the people of Wakanda viewed me, they saw me as Bast's will personified and left out offering to her and even to me.

"Don't let those offerings get to your head nigga."

Tyrell said as the two of us walked through the capital city on our way to help rebuild houses that had burned.

"You're still mad all you got was a shield huh? Loser."

I retorted laughing in his face which he rolled his eyes before smirking which then shifted to a frown.

"So Aiyanna, I've been thinking...I think it's time I go back to America."

He admitted.

"Don't get me wrong, I love Wakanda buuut I still have people I have to go home to."

"You're really leaving me? After everything we been through?"

I asked as I faked weeped before dramatically turning away.

"Fuck you."

He said lightly pushing me a little.

"I mean shit I'm not paying for college just to not use it, I'll be back in the summer I promise."

Tyrell swore.

"You better."

I muttered before the two of us continued to walk.

After the clean up had happened and most of the damage had been repaired we decided to throw a massive festival to celebrate our victory and honor those who have died in the battle. There was a massive parade that filled the streets, the people in the parade dressed in golds, silvers, and blacks as a tribute to lady Bast. Enwo, Tyrell, Shuri, Riri who had stayed to help, and I snuck off from the festival to a small secluded beach.

"So why did you drag us all the way over here when that lit ass party is happening?"

Riri asked folding her arms.

"Can't I want to spend time with yall?"

I retorted.

"Aiyanna stop tryna dodge the question."

Tyrell said unamused by my antics. I let out a sigh before pulling out two nicely rolled fat joints.

"I found a weed dealer in Wakanda, I took a whiff and knew it was gonna be some straight gas."

I explained.

"Wakandian gas? Aint no fucking way."

Tyrell said taking the blunt and smelling it before making a stank face.