Chapter 11

The car ride was surprisingly fun. We listened to music and danced and genuinely hangout for the first time in a minute. We filled Tyrell in on everything that happened while I was here.

"What the hell, I told them to make sure you got back safely."

Tyrell said shaking his head.

"That's the last time I trust a shady white woman."

"You and me both, I use to be married to her."

Ross admitted which made me chuckle.

"Wait so how did you guys leave if only wakandians can exit?"

Tyrell asked. Shuri and Enwo both looked at me as I smirked lifting my sleeve to show my tattoo.

"I had to get tatted in order to pass, what do you think? You jealous?"

"Not gonna lie, I'm a little bit jealous buuut-"

He slaps my tattoo as I wince in pain.

"You bastard! Get over here!"

I shouted trying to climb from the passenger seat to him as Ross took one hand off the wheel to hold me back.

"Hey! Hey! Settle down before I turn this car around."

He commanded before sighing.

"God, you have me sounding like a father."

"I'll calm down if we stop at McDonalds dad."

I joked which made the car laugh except Ross who just let out a sigh. After a few more minutes we arrived at Ross' summer home but what we didn't know was waiting for us was Okoye standing outside of a Wakadian jet. She had her arms folded and was tapping her foot impatiently.

"Welp looks like your ride is here."

Ross quipped.

"If they ask, I had nothing to do with helping you escape Wakanda."

He added and we all nodded. The first step out of the car gave me chills as Okoye's stared daggers at all of us.

"What in the hell were you all doing over here? Who is this man with you and why does he hold that shield?"

She asked furrowing her eyebrow. I looked at Tyrell who seemed to be putting his hands up to salute before I quickly slapped him in the head.

"Um we um *sigh* we went to go rescue my friend."

I said not able to look her in the eyes because I could feel the anger and disappointment coming from them.

"You wha-"

Okoye said before cutting herself off and rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"Just get on the ship."

She commanded slamming the butt of her spear into the ground causing me and Tyrell to jump a bit. We all quickly filed into the ship not saying a word during the flight back. I knew the mission would have consequences but fuck it felt like I was going to get executed. We landed in the hangar bay before being escorted back to the throne room, it felt somewhat nostalgic to how I felt walking into the throne room the first time. King M'Baku sat in the throne leaning forward as if waiting for us to walk through the door. His expression was very stoic but based on his body language he seemed angry. We stood there in silence none of us knowing what to say, king M'baku eyed each one of us then stopped when he got to Tyrell. Tyrell attempted to look him in the eyes before immediately looking anywhere else.

"Your majesty I-"

Shuri spoke before king M'baku simply raised his hand.

"Do you understand the weight your actions hold?"