8.❤️ "𝕴 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖇𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘."

3️⃣6️⃣•••S••T••A••R••T•••4️⃣0️⃣

🔼
◀️ ▶️
🔽

**𝕹𝖔 𝖍𝖎𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖓 𝖒𝖔𝖙𝖎𝖛𝖊.**

It was a roundabout way of saying she didn't care for Ian.

She wasn't there to seduce him.

Old Mrs. Miller was incensed by her snooty attitude.

How dare she think that her son, Ian, was not good enough for her.

"I don't care what your intention is in coming here today but I want you to remember this, you are not getting back together with Ian ever. And don't you dare rope Charlie into your sick plot or you won't be spared from my wrath!"

Charlie's plate fell to the floor with a resounding clink and cake was splattered all over his suit.

It was a much-needed diversion to truncate the increasingly awkward situation.

Old Mrs. Miller quickly pulled Charlie to her side, dabbing the stain on his clothes, saying. "Charlie, what happened? Why so careless?"

"Grandma... Scary." Charlie looked at her with eyes that were slightly quavering with fear.

Old Mrs. Miller realized with a start, her harsh words had startled the child.

Her husband ordered with a low growl. "Take the child away for a change of clothes, or do you think the guests haven't seen enough?"

"Charlie, let's go." Jenny said as she immediately leaned over to take his hand.

Charlie avoided her and took Old Mrs. Miller's hands.

Old Mrs. Miller was happy the little fella seemed to have forgiven her.

She pulled Charlie into her arms and brought him away to change his clothes, her beef with Kate long forgotten.

Old Mr. Miller was reluctant to stay so he stood up to follow.

Charlie looked up to see Kate and there was longing in his eyes.

Kate met his gaze and she felt the same way.

That day was the first time they met after 3 years of separation but they didn't even manage to converse more than a few words.

They didn't have the chance to know each other.

But at the very least, she knew her son cared about her.

Kate wasn't that obtuse, she could feel the protectiveness Charlie had for her.

Charlie had been her little guardian ever since she arrived at the party.

She knew Charlie dropped the plate on purpose.

It was to defuse Old Mrs. Miller's aggression.