13.💗 "𝕴'𝖒 𝖘𝖚𝖕𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖕 𝖞𝖔𝖚."

6️⃣1️⃣•••S••T••A••R••T•••6️⃣5️⃣

🔼
◀️ ▶️
🔽

**"𝕴𝖆𝖓 𝕸𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖗'𝖘 𝖊𝖝-𝖜𝖎𝖋𝖊."**

Actually, some of the people started to realize Kate looked suspiciously familiar but they just couldn't place her.

The name, Kate sounded familiar as well.

Marcus didn't conceal the truth from Paul. He answered simply. "Senior, she's my Uncle's daughter so my cousin, but I treat her as my actual sister."

Paul was still confused. "How come I never heard you say you have a cousin that's impressively good at coding? Wait a minute. Does this mean that the books you borrowed from me are for her? The mini-game, that's her handiwork too?"

Marcus nodded.

It was Paul's prediction that the computer expert Marcus knew was no simple character, but the person's actual capability turned out to be beyond his prediction.

"You sneaky bastard. How could you hide such an impressive talent away from your Senior?" Paul clubbed Marcus' arm jokingly.

Marcus chuckled apologetically. "Sis likes to keep a low profile. She doesn't like people meddling in her business."

"I've got it!"

Suddenly, a cry issued from among the crowd.

A Senior CEO clawed to the front of the crowd excitedly, decrying. "I finally realized Miss Davis' true identity!"

"What is it?" Paul turned around to ask.

Excitement shone in the CEO's eyes as he announced. "I saw her at Charlie Miller's birthday party! No wonder she looks so familiar, she's CEO Miller's ex-wife!"

WHAT

Paul and Steve widened their eyes in shock.

How can this be possible... Kate is Ian Miller's... ex-wife!

For some reason, the heart of these 2 men wrenched with complicated emotions.

* * * * *

At one break-room, Kate and Ian sat across the table facing each other.

Ever since Kate walked in, Ian had been staring cordially at her.

His thoughts and emotions were shielded behind his deep eyes.

After a silence that lasted for a minute long, Kate saw he still didn't have any intention of speaking so she said. "If you have nothing to say, I'm going to leave."

"Don't you have anything you want to tell me?" Ian finally asked.

Kate looked him quizzically and replied. "What do you mean by that?"