2.🤍"𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖓𝖔 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝕶𝖆𝖙𝖊."

0️⃣6️⃣•••S••T••A••R••T•••🔟

🔼
◀️         ▶️
🔽

**𝕸𝕬𝕽𝕮𝖀𝕾: "𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖐."**

Marcus asked curiously. "Who could that be?"

They weren't used to entertaining guests so his interest was piqued.

He opened the door to find a young man in a sharp business suit.

"Excuse me, does Miss Kate Davis live here?" The man asked politely.

Marcus nodded, "She does but who are you? Shy are you looking for my sister?"

The man smiled. "I'm Mr. Miller's personal assistant. My name is Richard. CEO Miller wants me to send something over to Miss Davis. May I know if she's home?"

The moment Richard revealed he worked for the Miller family, Marcus's expression dimmed.

However, his good manners still compelled him to say, "My sister is not feeling so well at the moment, but please come in."

"Thank you."

The horrible sound proofing of their apartment's walls and the apartment's cramped overall space meant that Kate could hear their exchange even though she was inside her bedroom.

Their apartment only had 2 rooms and one living area.

The living area was barely big enough to fit the little furniture they had.

Marcus led Richard into Kate's bedroom where a sickly Kate laid slumped against her bed's headboard.

Richard's measured expression slipped for a moment to reveal his shock.

He couldn't believe the fragile looking woman in the room was the same woman he once served as his boss' wife and the Young Master's mother.

His temporary shock was quickly covered up by his good training, and he deferentially presented a cheque to Kate.

"Nice to meet you again, Miss Davis. CEO Miller wants me to present this to you. He said this originally belongs to you so please accept it."

Even before Kate laid her eyes on it, she knew it was a cheque for $💯 million.

She guessed correctly that Ian had just found out the alimony cheque given to her 3-years-ago was rejected.

She rejected it 3-years-ago and she was going to reject it again.

"Tell your boss I'm thankful but I can't accept this. He doesn't owe me anything, so I won't take this from him." Kate said nonchalantly.

Richard was surprised. Confused, he added. "Miss Davis, aren't you going to check how much money is on it first?"

"It's 💯 million, right?"