Nightmare's Story

"boss-" They all turned to Nightmare as he sighed. "i'm going to tell you a story and you will listen without interrupting, understood?" He warned. The four nodded, not saying a thing to irritate Nightmare further. "now, this story begins after the destruction of dreamtale, when my corruption had a firm hold of my soul..."

💙🤍🖤💜❤️

Nightmare grabbed his skull, trying to gain some semblance of normalcy. With all the threats gone, the corruption seemed to fade from his mind, though it didn't leave his body. His singular eyelight took in the blood and dust that surrounded him, the tree that had been his mother dead and cut, his brother trapped in stone. Nightmare started to hyperventilate. No way, there was no way he was responsible for all this. Nightmare stumbled back. "n-no... no, no i didn't want this-" Nightmare gasped as his foot slipped into nothingness, he found himself falling, landing in white powdery stuff. It didn't hurt as much as it should have. He skittered back and into a tree, drawing his legs to his chest as his arms and New tentacles wrapped around him. That was how Blue found him.

💙🤍🖤💜❤️

"HEY, ARE YOU OK?!" Nightmare lashed out immediately, terrified that Blue would be like all the villagers. The energetic Sans yelped, landing painfully in the snow as the breath was knocked out of him. Nightmare was on his feet in an instant, unsure of where to go where he could be safe, at the same time he wanted to ask if Blue was ok. Mostly though, he was just scared. "W-WAIT-" Nightmare flinched and started running. He couldn't stay, he had to go, he would get hurt here or worse he could hurt someone else here. That was more terrifying than anything. What had gotten him here? Why wasn't it here now? "HOLD ON! I JUST WANT TO HELP!" Blue was following him, scaring Nightmare further. He didn't want help, he didn't want to hurt anyone else, he didn't want to be in this situation. Nightmare hid behind one of the many trees, trying to muffle his breathing. He didn't know how long he was there but he couldn't hear anything so he lowered his head into his arms. "Hey." Nightmare's head snapped up to see the Sans five feet away and sitting in the snow.

💙🤍🖤💜❤️

For awhile, they stared at each other, Nightmare ready to up and run again if Blue made a move, but he didn't. Nightmare started to calm down a little, though he didn't let his guard down. "A little better now?" Blue asked slowly, still not moving from his spot. "... what do you want..? to hurt me? kill me?" Blue shook his head. The first movement he made since he sat down. "You were scared so I wanted to help you. I'm Sans by the way, but some of my friends call me Blueberry." Nightmare wasn't sure what to think. "leave me alone, i didn't ask for your help!" Nightmare barked out. Blue left after that, bidding Nightmare a safe night and offering him a few options on where to stay. Nightmare didn't dare go incase it was a trap. Blue was back with a plate of tacos set between the both of them the next day. Nightmare didn't touch them or anything else Blue brought. It continued like this for nearly a month before Nightmare caved. "... nightmare.." He mumbled as he took the plate with a couple tentacles. "Hm?"
"that's my name... nightmare.." Blue smiled. "It's nice to meet you, Nightmare!"