I jumped upright and gasped for air. I looked over at Caroline to see she was looking around the room curiously. I then suddenly felt my throat, it was burning, like i hadn't eaten in years.

"Care?" i asked.

"Yea?" she whispered back, turning to face me.

"I'm really hungry" i said putting a hand to my throat "and my throat, it's burning"

"I know..... i feel the same" she said.

"Come on, lets go get some food" i said. She thought for a moment then nodded and we both climbed out our beds and walked into the hall. We saw it was empty and only the lady at the desk remained.

"Excuse me. Where is everyone?" Caroline asked.

"It's the middle of the night" she said.

"It is?" i asked.

"Mm-hm" she said.

"Have you seen my mom?" Caroline asked.

"She left after dinner with your boyfriend" the desk lady said. "And then your friend Elena stopped by"

"My sister stopped by?" i asked, trying to remember.

"Oh, yea she did" Caroline said remembering what happened. "But she said her name was Kathrine"

"Ok, can we just get some food?" i asked the desk lady since this was getting off topic.

"Breakfast comes around 7:00" the desk lady said.

"I don't think you understand. We're really hungry and my throat is dying" i said.

"You should go back to sleep" the lady said and i frowned. Rude. Caroline sighed and turned to go through the door to our room. But then i smelled something. Something amazing. I turned my head and looked around.

"Can you smell that?" i asked.

"Yea it smells really good" she said looking around.

"Back to bed" the lady said sounding annoyed. She walked away and me and Caroline continued to look till we saw two blood bags across the room. We both slowly walked over and reached our hand out to touch it. The closer we got the better the blood smelt. I needed it. I grabbed it in my hand when the desk lady came to us again. "What are you two doing?" we both spun around to look at her.

"I don't know" me and Caroline said at the same time. Then we both quickly picked up a blood bag and shoved it in our pockets. The lady didnt notice, thank god. She quickly guided us to our room and made us go in before closing the door. Me and Caroline sat on our beds and looked at each other.

"What are we doing?" Caroline asked me and i looked at the blood bag.

"I don't know" i said. Then i got the tube of the blood bag. "Let's just try this and see what happens"

"Ok" she said nodding.

"Three" i said.

"Two" she said.

"One" we said at the same time the drank from it. Caroline seemed to think it was gross and threw it to the floor. I continued to drink it and smiled at the taste. It was like if happiness was liquid. I ripped off the tube and put the bag upside down as if it was a shot and chugged it. Caroline came to her senses and began to drink from hers.

When morning came me and Caroline were sitting on her bed while looking at the rays that were coming through the window. I outstretched my hand to touch the sunlight when it burned the tip of my fingers.

"Ouch!" i said.

"Let me try" Caroline said and she did the same thing. When the sun hit her hand she hissed in pain and pulled it away.